1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Emailing for links (customized/personalized but bulk)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by dilipsam, May 12, 2008.

I see a lot of link requests reaching my spam box instead of my inbox and I think they have used a bulk mailer or mass mailer. No matter how customized it does use an interface where special characters like # or [first name] used for variables trigger Bayesian filters.

My question is: How many of you had this problem? How many would like a solution? I think I might have one but it is semi-automated!

Just doing a preliminary research! Thanks for your thoughts!

dilipsam, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we have all received spam in our inbox at some point in time, I currently receive
    spam in my mailbox everyday, I would like to know about your solution.

kingofsanda, May 12, 2008 IP
  3. comusher

comusher Peon

Best Answers:
    There have been times I have typed a very personal message to one site asking for a link or an exchange (absolutely not automated), and I can tell from the reply I get that it did go to their spam box. Some people really have the spam filters set tightly and there is nothing you can do.

comusher, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What was the theme of the website your link request was about? For example, here I have Walmart and Dell mails blocked as spam. Something must have triggered it!

5. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very forgiving when it comes to spam in my mailbox but it hurts when my mail is misinterpreted as spam!

If you have a list, maybe I can show you what needs to be done.

Will.Spencer likes this.