1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website especially for adsene

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by elle19570, Apr 4, 2006.

Hi,

If I want to design a website especially for google adsense, which contents will be most suitable. As I am from India, I thinking of designig websiet describing Indian culture.

Your suggestions please

elle19570, Apr 4, 2006 IP
    fcmisc likes this.
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Design the site to be original and unique, good content, design it for traffic, not adsense. If you have good content that hasn't been done before then you have a better chance of getting good SE traffic (therefore making more money) than yet another MFA site.

Get good links on relevant Indian sites as an additional source of traffic.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  3. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll second that..design your site for a visitor that wants to learn SOMETHING on your site. It's up to you to pique their interest and then have them stay on your site to learn more, or to click an advertisement to learn more off your site. Either way, build a site with enough content to draw the attention of your visitor's curiousity.

jeeplaw, Apr 4, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Design sites for visitors not for AdSense. You can create a nice site about Indian culture and run ads on it however, you should make sure the main focus of the site is about the Indian culture not the Adsense ads. In that way you can attarct more repeat visitors.

maldives, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  5. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with all these comments. The biggest mistake you can make is designing a site for the sole purpose of earning revenue from AdSense. Some people do very well with AdSense, some cover their internet hosting costs for their wesbite(s), and most do not make the minimum needed to get a check a month from Google.

Sites designed for AdSense turn people off. They never contain real content and people rarely, if ever, return. Such sites need to buy traffic because they cannot earn any through word of mouth and they rarely make it into some of the key directories.

The trick to getting people coming back is interactivity on the site. It is comprised of some combination of good forums and/or constant news updates and/or rare information. Getting there means focusssing on content. Once there, focus on revenue.

It may be the case that sites should never include AdSense or other advertising until they have enough content to look like a real site.

clancey, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  6. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Mesotholemia and asbestos, because God knows we don't have enough of them. If you made a site on these two subjects, and there are so few of them, I guarantee your site will shoot up right to the very top of the SERPs. In fact, I'm going to make one myself, just to beat you to it!

Ah man, I shouldn't have told you about it! Damn! Where's that edit button...

jackburton2006, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  7. PeterHugo

PeterHugo Guest

Best Answers:
    content, content and content that's the first key of succes... the second key and most hard to achieve is to change the content often. So prepare your site so you can easy change or update the content ... daily if possible and the visitors will come back ...

PeterHugo, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  8. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I cant top the GREAT Advice given above, but I will offer food for thought -

The Culture topic is a huge subject, maybe you could narrow it down to a little more specific niche that would really set you apart.
    Coupled with the advice given above I think your on your way.
    I am very familiar with the Indian culture as I have had the pleasure of being friends with an Indian man and after was practically adopted by his entire family.

One thing I noticed is the way you socialize , the way they have dinners where you eat a little and talk a little , eat a little and talk a little ... and really enjoy interavction between each other doing this.

I would suggest a site on how to throw a dinner party indian style ...

or change the way you entertain .. I was very impressed with this

If you would like more thoughts on this please post in this thread

Mr Crow, Apr 4, 2006 IP
  9. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Elle,

Technically speaking, designing a website specifically for AdSense is a violation of the ToS - so it's probably not a good goal with which to start. ;) Follow the suggestions given to you in this thread, and I'm sure you'll do very well. :)

Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  10. daithanh

daithanh Guest

Best Answers:
    just create a site that lur more people in your site

daithanh, Apr 9, 2006 IP
  11. ewc21

ewc21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Create articles you are most capable of writing and you feel interesting to people. I always feel bad about sites made just for Adsense.

ewc21, Apr 9, 2006 IP