1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please can someone look over my site and give suggestions how to inprove SERPS

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dee2007, May 10, 2008.

Hi All, This bottom link in my sig is a brand new site (I don't like posting urls, as I don't want the thread picked up by the SE's).

It only has a 3 properties listed at the moment, reason being I haven't started to tell people about the site, because if I am ranked higher in the SERPS it will make more sense for them to advertise with me. I am ranked Google page 3 for my main keyword, but I would ideally like to be at least page 2, of course page 1 would be ideal, but I know this will take time. I do rank page 1 but that is from backlinks.

I am gaining backlinks on a daily basis, but I think a lot of people supplying the backlinks possible are not doing it quite right because when I search for backlinks it shows very few but I must have at least 150-200.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to improve my SERPs your advise would be much appreciated :)

One thing I do ask is please don't post the url or keywords, as I said I don't want any of this to be indexed by the SE's.

Thanks

Dee

Dee2007, May 10, 2008 IP
  2. thor22

thor22 Peon

Best Answers:
    It will get pikced up anyway bc of ur sig....

thor22, May 10, 2008 IP
  3. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, your signature will get indexed. Page 3 is not bad you are in the 'hunt' as we say. If you want me to take a more in-depth look feel free to Request a Free SEO Analysis

jg123, May 10, 2008 IP
  4. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks, if it is already indexed that's cool,

Ye it is a brand new site so I am really pleased with it's ranking, I guess I just have to be patient.

Thanks

Lisa

Dee2007, May 10, 2008 IP
  5. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lisa,

Many of the backlinks showing up for your site are from forums and blog comments. I would not be too patient, since there is much more you could be doing to improve your search engine rankings.

Check out my signature for a nice list of free web directories and a social bookmarking list. These can help you add many backlinks as the other backlinks are being developed.

Good luck with your new site! :)

snowbird, May 10, 2008 IP
    Dee2007 likes this.
  6. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Oh when I said patient I didn't mean loosen up, I meant just carry on doing what I am doing :)

Regarding the links, that is what I was referring to, I have links on maybe 70 blogs and forums, but I have it on lots of web sites and have submitted to lots of directories and I mean a lot, okay not thousands as I said the site is new, so slowly does it, but I have way more links to my site then what are showing up when I use a backlink checker.

Any ideas why?

Thanks, I've had a lot of great feedback on the site, so hopefully it will take off really well :)

Thanks

Dee2007, May 10, 2008 IP
  7. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lisa,

Your site looks real nice. The frustrating part is getting people to visit it, which is something many of us know all too well. :)

For free directory submissions, I highly recommend submitting to new/low PR directories first. The reasons are explained in my free directory submission tips article.

For directories, it takes time to be reviewed and approved/listed. Then the search engines take their time getting around to that page to index it. The same really applies to all pages. How frequently the pages are crawled will determine how quickly your backlinks are indexed. And it may take some time for these backlinks to show up in Webmaster Tools or another backlink checker.

It really takes a lot of patience to rank well in the search engines. And I will use your definition of patience here as well. :) Keep working on your site content, backlinks, etc., and everything will fall into place. With hard work, in about a year you should be ranking for more competitive keywords (generic - single words).

Good luck with your site!

snowbird, May 10, 2008 IP
  8. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thanks for your help and your compliment on my site :)

I have sent you a PM, hope that's okay :)

The site is already getting quite a lot of visitors, I guess I am just greedy ;) I have been used to gaining page 1 ranking, in a very short period of time and staying there, on quite a few sites.

One example is I put one of my own sites online and within 3 days it was page 1 with all the top SE on and has stayed there for over 2 and a half years). And this might surprise a lot of peeps, but this has been done without having to really work on backlinks, I have done a few reciprocal links, a few top directories and a few classifieds but that's it.

My focus has always been contents, contents and more contents all of course relevent. And updating the sites regularly. If on the odd occasion a site has dropped off page 1, I have simply tweaked a few words, and at the next crawl, it's back on page 1.

I know I have to except that this isn't always going to happen ;)

I will keep working on it

Thanks Guys

Dee

Dee2007, May 11, 2008 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  9. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    hey dee, an off the topic question, but what script did you use on that site or isit custom?

Tobidotman, May 11, 2008 IP