1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cheap traffic to be profitable?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Aztral, Apr 30, 2008.

Hello peoples :)

I'm struggling to be profitable with Azoogle. First of all..I'm finding the monthly reports almost useless. They may show an offer has a certain eCPC, but I'm finding it's a small fraction of that.

I can't seem to find traffic sources with eCPCs lower than the the offer's eCPC.
    I've tried Adengage, I've tried Adbrite, also a number of other traffic sources and they aren't working out. Google's lowest minimum bid is $0.05 which isn't gonna work.

Any ideas on US traffic sources around $0.02?

Thankz!
    ~Az

Aztral, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  2. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if traffic = money then why not profitable.

me4you, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  3. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because traffic > 0 != profit.
    Profitable -> eCPC(earned) > eCPC(paid)

If I spend $100 to make $75 I am not making a profit.
    If i spend $50 to make $75 then I'm doing good

Aztral, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  4. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    The offer's EPC that you see in the reports is YOUR EPC. The EPC listed multiplied by the clicks listed = your payout.

Johu, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

I wasn't talking about the report you see on Azoogle site for my offers. Yup I know all the stats i see there are mine.

I talking about the monthly/bi-monthly and its' eCPC values...was a minot point really tho.

The main thing idea/question for this thread is ...even Adwords charges $0.05 minimum bid per keyword, which is more than I'll take in from offers.

So,...any ideas for cheap US traffic sources around $0.02-$0.03 CPC which would be profitable? :)

Aztral, May 1, 2008 IP
  6. dickson123

dickson123 Peon

Best Answers:
    The report could be a reference. but don't rely on it too much.
    Epc may be diluted by some big guy such as Aj22 and webgenies, or even diluted by tests from many small guys like you and me.
    Every traffic source need tons of hard work and test, and every traffic source works. You can not dig enough to be profitable, you out. That is the business.

dickson123, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would anyone just tell you information like that? Some of us have worked years to figure things out like this.

aj22, May 4, 2008 IP
  8. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that notion... pretty much every traffic source does work in some way or manner. It also depends on how you are sending customers to your offers.

A guy like AJ22, pays cheap cents for his clicks... sends a whole lot more visitors to his offers... and converts at a lower ratio since he sends untargeted traffic... but he still makes NICE money.

I pay more money for my clicks... send less visitors to my offers... and convert at a higher ratio by using targetted traffic... and make NICE money.

So the point of this...? It really doesn't matter if getting traffic for $.02 or $2.00 a click... if you're able to MAKE more money than you SPEND, you win.

Of course, you want to get traffic as cheap as possible... but in the end the only number that matters is NET PROFIT (Gross Profits-Expenses) :D

And, if you're still hung up on ECPC numbers (to the guy who started this thread), you can get a little bit more accurate numbers from your AM by asking for the Search Only eCPC for an offer.

Looking for cheap traffic? Check out MSN Adcenter, Ask.com, Adbrite, etc. Looking for FREE marketing? Try Squidoo, writing articles, etc.

webgenesis, May 4, 2008 IP
  9. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thankz WebG.

Yes...I agree..I don't care how much I spend per click as long as it is profitable. However the offers I've tested so far end with a very low eCPC, and so need I need to pay as little as possible for them to be viable.

Hehe AJ...

#1. By not telling me you're just delaying the inevitable. I WILL get this all figured out and quite soon. If I were to show you my resume (software engineer, web developer/designer, physics & financial background, and on and on) you would see that. Almost everything I have done ties in to (either directly or indirectly) doing well in AF marketing. (my wife is also a national director of marketing should I decide to enlist her help).

#2. Because people here at DP helped YOU. Like me...you've asked questions here at DP and fellow DPers have helped you out. I once asked a similiar question about traffic and a DPer told me about AdEngage. Great resource I'm trying to use to at least test out offers.

And also AJ...it doesn't hurt to ask. :) If you wanna point me in the right direction towards some cheap traffic GREAT! If not...don't! Pretty simple :p

Aztral, May 8, 2008 IP
  10. shop4

shop4 Peon

Best Answers:

Same here :(

shop4, May 8, 2008 IP
  11. aj22

aj22 Peon

Best Answers:
    There's a big difference between the question you asked and the questions I ask. One person is a newbie asking to be spoonfed just like any other newbie in the hordes of newbies out there, while the other is asking your typical all-around general question. I'll let someone of your caliber resume figure out who's who.

aj22, May 9, 2008 IP
  12. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wtf is azoogle?

Yeah, May 10, 2008 IP
    stefanello likes this.
  13. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the question I asked that little ole AJ is sooo upset about,

so I'll ask it again. HAHA!

As a side note: AJ if you don't wanna answer then don't...no need to be a rude ^$$

Aztral, May 10, 2008 IP
  14. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah...its out there. A few methods I can think of, one in particular but it's not very targetted. However, harness the content network correctly and you can get some very, very cheap clicks. Spend around $4.30 and revenue $70? Its been done :).

shockalock-g, May 12, 2008 IP
  15. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shock!

I'm gonna start trying Adwords this week. I was reluctant to do so because the eCPC on offers I was running weren't earning enough to justify spending $0.05 per click (but they were close).

But, as I've been reading elsewhere Google converts well, so I'll throw some bucks in adwords and see what happens.

Thx
    ~Az

Aztral, May 12, 2008 IP
  16. shockalock-g

shockalock-g Peon

Best Answers:
    Also, even though this is an Azoogle forum, you should also consider checking out other CPA networks. Theres a particular zip offer in CPA Empire that has pretty high network EPC...because it actually converts well.
    Also, don't just limit your self to using only Google, YSM, MSN...there also facebook, Social media, Cubics...

shockalock-g, May 12, 2008 IP
  17. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I read somewhere that cheap traffic does not help at all, companies such as adbrite are really cheap but they will most likely not bring in any revenue with azoogle :(.

redz, May 12, 2008 IP
  18. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    If you bought traffic from Adengage you very likely got screwed. Click my sig and read about how Adengage allows publishers to cheat advertisers.

fr0gman, May 12, 2008 IP
  19. Aztral

Aztral Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can totally see how a publisher could rip-off advertisers, but i was actually making some sales using them before. Not quite enough to justify the expense though.

Anyway, I'm finally giving in and following everyone's advice :D
    Looks like I'll be using adwords->affiliate site...at least to start off with.

Next question: what keywords are you guys using? hehe..just kidding :p

Thx for the helpz!
    ~Az

Aztral, May 13, 2008 IP