1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i popularize my blog thru Social netwoking & bookmarking sites?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by richub4u, May 9, 2008.

Can any one tell me the process into detail (is it really helpful to get traffic)....it will be a great help!!

Thanks in advance.

richub4u, May 9, 2008 IP
  2. WhoJayBe

WhoJayBe Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, first, I would check out "Potential traffic from various social media sites"... but basically, you have to be patient and take your time to actually network with people. No one likes a spammer... also, make sure you write good content because if you don't, all the marketing you do would be pointless.

WhoJayBe, May 9, 2008 IP
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    You can get traffic from social bookmarking site only if you have some cool content.
    Otherwise focus on social bookmarking sites that DoFollow so at least there will be a SEO effect.

zexy, May 9, 2008 IP
  4. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    well, my question is, even if you had success with social media sites, would they come back or at least would they help you monetizing your site? (i.e.: buying your recommended product or clicking your ads, etc.) Are they really worth it? Of course if you have a very good content and updated regularly, they will come back. But if your content is only good but not superb, I think most of them won't come back. Is it really worth it?

wokaka, May 9, 2008 IP
  5. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social networks are places to meet other people and to join groups. Normally other will visit your blog when you introduce yourself. Another way of vetting visitors is to add quality content.

HostColor, May 9, 2008 IP
  6. denverken

denverken Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorta a rookie here so please forgive me. But what sites specifically have the DoFollow so that it could be used to bump SEO.

denverken, May 9, 2008 IP
  7. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    It will take time to have network of people who likes your site... do social bookmarking instead of social networking..

silveraden, May 9, 2008 IP
  8. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    And if you start spamming people on social networks with your blog, it will put them off.

The idea is to first make lots of friends who will then visit your site if they want to. Very long term.

Chrissy17, May 9, 2008 IP
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also join blogger community such as mybloglog/Blogcatalog/blogher ect that will also help you to promote.

bobchrist, May 10, 2008 IP
  10. BrianTT

BrianTT Peon

Best Answers:
    you have to be patient and active, build network of friends, most valuable friends that have interests that are related to your site....
    Content is most important and if you decide to spam them, at least do it with some interesting stuff and of course do not exaggerate cos it will put your friends away...

BrianTT, May 10, 2008 IP