1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Frustrated with initial success and then failure of offers.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by linkpro, May 6, 2008.

This happens a lot on Azoogle and with other companies. (Note) the offers this happens on are all long standing offers that have been around and that according to Azoogle are very stable profitable for other affiliates.

I will start out on an offer and it will work great for about 2-3 days and then it just absolutely tanks.

I recently started an offer that I previously ran around 3 months ago and the same thing happened again.

I spent around $200 a day on this offer and found that 1 keyword in particular was generating the 8-15 sales a day. It was steady at around 8-15 sales a day for the first 3 days and then for the last 3 days only 1 conversion total. I have lost between $300 to $500. We are talking about hundreds of clickthroughs. Going from about 10 conversions a day for 3 days and then 0 for 3 day is not right.

THIS happens on all offers. I am intially successful for about 2-4 days and then the offer tanks. I will then wait about 2 months and try again and I get the same results. (All positions within PPC Engines are Constant throughout), so this is not a matter of position changes or more competition.

My theory is that Azoogle and other companies inflate offer numbers to start in order to get affiliates to dedicate more money and then stop the conversions.

I can name about 6 offers that this has happend on for me. Webfetti, NY TImes, Dating Offers, Zwinky, Blockbuster.......that is just a few.

linkpro, May 6, 2008 IP
  2. forelmashi

forelmashi Peon

Best Answers:
    so now find the ones with initial failure and long term success

forelmashi, May 6, 2008 IP
  3. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish it was that easy. Rule of thumb is to find campaigns that have initial success and then optimize.....it just sucks when you optimize and then the offer just stops converting.....

UPDATE:

I just sent 182 clicks from YSM to an offer today...0 Leads - Last 3 days 395 Clicks 1 LEAD

FIRST 3 days with the offer...

123 clicks and 24 Leads

HMMMMM

linkpro, May 6, 2008 IP
  4. searchfordeal

searchfordeal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    did you ask your AM about it?

searchfordeal, May 6, 2008 IP
  5. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    They have always said the same thing. "Offers fluctuate" ....blah blah......

I have seen others have same problem. It is just very obvious....always happens...i have had this happen on about 95% of my campaigns.....maybe 3-4 days of success and then absolutely nothing.

linkpro, May 6, 2008 IP
  6. affiliatebigwig

affiliatebigwig Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard of these issues. I would chat with your AM again. Take Notes. Sometimes it might have to do with Annual issues or events. For example: Cinco De Miyo was this week....This can slow sales.

affiliatebigwig, May 6, 2008 IP
  7. Sg4

Sg4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had very similar issues with Azoogle. A ton of conversions one month, then same traffic, same scenario the next month and zero conversions.

Sg4, May 6, 2008 IP
  8. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im not even getting the initial bump..great ads, great position, redirects and lps, and nothing. 100's of clicks, maybe 7% clickthroughs, and 1 sale.
    Doesnt seem right...
    I think they are flush with affiliates, and are scrubbing leads off the newbies....

BrianJump, May 7, 2008 IP
  9. Nestrer

Nestrer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you, there is no way we can know how their program works. I usually get around $200 per month with a affiliate network, but after making over $500, the sales are stopped. It has been 2 months and my Account Balance is still $20 lol :confused:

Nestrer, May 7, 2008 IP
  10. thetruth

thetruth Peon

Best Answers:
    If the traffic quality and quantity is the same and results
    are not close, then we know there is funny business going
    on. Customers do not change overnight, this we know also.

thetruth, May 7, 2008 IP
  11. zorus

zorus Peon

Best Answers:
    this happened to you only in azoogle?, ¿have you ever try change you aff link to another aff network?

zorus, May 7, 2008 IP
  12. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Happened with Azoogle, NeverBlue, Copeac, CX -

Sometimes all my networks with have the same offer and I will run it with the first one until it dies and then move it to the next one until it dies. Its crazy....each will work for 1-3 days and then totally stop.

linkpro, May 7, 2008 IP
  13. just_life

just_life Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know if its azoogle or yahoo. Since you mentioned you promoted with yahoo, maybe they are also to blame.

What I have always noticed with YSM: whenever I kick off a new campaign I get great results. The first 2-3 days, I get great conversions and from then on, when I'm primed, pumped and excited it steadily goes downhill :-(

just_life, May 7, 2008 IP
  14. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not have issues with Yahoo positioning or bid costs. I stay in the same position and my costs actually go down because of high relevance.

I have actually noticed this for last 2 years....i am just writing about it now because i am frustrasted about it.

linkpro, May 7, 2008 IP
  15. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    The only time I've seen this happen is when the advertiser who was selling leads on the backend had one of their buyers quit buying leads from them.

It was because of this that my conversions consistently dropped to the point of loosing money.

That being said, its probably is on your side as sucky as that sounds.

Rebuild the campaign only utilizing your converting keywords.

Volknet, May 7, 2008 IP
  16. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    It's possible that it's on my end, however it's strange that as soon as I move it to a new network it will convert again.

For one campaign I moved my top converting keywords. That were converting amazing. Conversion Rates on these keywords were 25% - They would convert that well for the first few days....I could understand if they dropped to 10% or so......However for last 3 days I ran about $400 now through these 2 keywords and have gotten 0 conversions......It's almost unbelieveable. That is hundreds of click throughs.

Overall the last week I have spent about $1500 dollars on my campaigns and have had 2 leads for a total of $5.60 cents.

That is not good my friends and it just makes me wonder how people actually make a buck in this industry.

linkpro, May 8, 2008 IP
  17. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    i feel your pain man. the longer i've been at this, the more i've come to realize, the difference between those who make money and those who don't are often times some type of advantage other affiliates don't have. could be higher payouts, exclusive landing pages, ability to bid on keywords others can't, ect...

to gain those advantages you have to prove your abilities and build relationships. good luck.

pcarlow, May 9, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  18. dickson123

dickson123 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is really a pain, though I have no clue too.
    All I can suggest is, maybe a little more patience will help?
    Try not to be greedy to reinvest heavily only by intial success. Take it slowly. Maybe the visitors' mindset flunctuate? Maybe the advertiser saw your flood of leads and get scared? Maybe the adversiser lost a buyer like John said? Those could all be the reason. If you pace slowly, you may got more information without sudden loss.
    Good luck and keep going!

dickson123, May 10, 2008 IP
  19. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LinkPro, I have had the exact same experience: upon launching a campaign, it does very well, only for the conversions to completely cease after a few days. After re-launching the same campaign with a few tweaks a week or so later, the conversions restart, but only for a few days, after which they completely cease again. :mad:

I looked everywhere for an answer but couldn't find one. In the end, I was left with one possibility: my conversions were being witheld. :eek: I contacted my affiliate manager to look into it, but no problems were identified. I still don't know what the DAMN problem was. If you have any success in finding out, please PM me.

Masterful, May 10, 2008 IP
  20. linkpro

linkpro Peon

Best Answers:
    How about an Azoogle or other Network rep chime in about this.

linkpro, May 10, 2008 IP