1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

9194 Backlinks in total but still a PR 1?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by michael.aulia, May 8, 2008.

michael.aulia, May 8, 2008 IP
  2. ErnestHemingway

ErnestHemingway Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt it has anything to do with those 2 files you mentioned.
    I have very optimized Blog with over 18k Backlinks
    and I am PR3 and other PR4
    I think it all depends on the links.
    How you got them and their value and the website value etc..
    and in how much time did you gain those backlinks and few other factors that is if they related to your niche or not...

ErnestHemingway, May 8, 2008 IP
  3. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ah I see. As long as I know there's nothing wrong at my end, then it's ok.

I was panicking and planning to migrate my blog to the root, thinking it may have a difference

4. warsome

warsome Guest

Best Answers:
    You sure it isn't you having duplicate content?

warsome, May 8, 2008 IP
  5. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need quality backlinks,try to get some links from adobe.com,and try to have your site submitted to dmoz.

SEOBusiness, May 8, 2008 IP
  6. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Predictions are just predictions and are far from accurate. I don't know anyone really knows the PR algorithm.

wisdomtool, May 8, 2008 IP
  7. pioneer1

pioneer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that prediction tools are not accurate

pioneer1, May 8, 2008 IP
  8. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    Quality links matters bro , if you are having tech blog and getting back links from jokes niche blog it will not effect anything to you . Backlinks with niche always help .

atulperx, May 8, 2008 IP
  9. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just submitted mine to dmoz (the ...com/blogs) not the root domain. Hope i'm doing the right thing

Well I've used the robots.txt to stop duplicate contents + a WordPress plug-in to get rid of duplicates

I guess I just need more quality backlinks then? (I remember submitting to some high PR directories a few weeks earlier)

Which is kinda hard lol coz it's not just focusing on technology.. oh well I deserve it I guess

PS : The blog is down at the moment :(

10. tsukara

tsukara Banned

Best Answers:
    tsukara, May 8, 2008 IP
  11. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't rely on prediction tool mostly of automated tool is not accurate.

Hersheys, May 9, 2008 IP
  12. sheds

sheds Peon

Best Answers:
    Just keep getting quality back links from various seo technique, not fall in love with specific seo technique and trust on google, he keep notice your website.

sheds, May 9, 2008 IP
  13. carleasingsecrets

carleasingsecrets Peon

Best Answers:
    I have less backlinks than you but the site is pr4 from the last update. The site is about car leasing so I gathered as much backlinks from sites relating to car or just have the word "car" dominant in its pages. I guess google saw my backlinks as "relevant" even if those sites are not exactly related to car leasing.

So I would suggest that you try to find out what your site is mostly about and which keyword has the most occurence and then try to gather backlinks relating to that keyword. :)

carleasingsecrets, May 9, 2008 IP
    dunning72 likes this.
  14. jackpage

jackpage Peon

Best Answers:
    It won't hurt but trying to get listed in dmoz these days is the equivalent of praying for golden coins to appear under your pillow in the morning when you wake up. Won't hurt though, you may get lucky.

Pretty much. It's like everyone else says, you need to get links from pages with topics similar to your niche if you're trying for search engine traffic. I'm of the belief that random links without rhyme and reason won't do you any good. Even directories. Submitting your link to tons of directories isn't going to do you too much good unless the directory itself brings you traffic, and it's hard to find one of those. That's probably against the general concensous here but that's my experience. Submitted a site long ago to 300 directories over a week manually and got squat from it in the way of SERP rankings. The directories are high PR but you have to remember your link is going to end up deep inside somewhere, more than likely on a page with no PR along with 100s of other links. Makes the link itself pretty weak.

I wouldn't worry about PR - trying to judge anything based off PR will drive you crazy. I've got a PR2 right now that pays my bills every month as well as a blog that opened in February that went from PR0 to PR4 that might have 100 backlinks to it if it's lucky. Worry more about SERP position for your keywords. That's the important thing. Looking at your April traffic stats post on your blog you seem to be doing very, very well for yourself right now with a PR1 blog :) so you're definitely doing something right.

jackpage, May 9, 2008 IP
  15. skypeace

skypeace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need quality backlinks and content.

skypeace, May 9, 2008 IP
  16. hillord

hillord Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tips:

For me, i just do my regular backlinks, for example, diggin' posting to some forums, ads using adwords.. so far, all my sites WILL increase it's PR from 0 to maybe 2 or 3 within the 6 mths update period. that is what i do and it never fails.. I RARELY get or buy backlinks.. not sure why i don't but i never like to buy them. Always get natural organic traffic either from google or redirect.

hillord, May 9, 2008 IP
  17. e96

e96 Active Member

Best Answers:
    jackpage...you touched upon something i've been wondering...first, i agree with you about the relative weakness of links from directories (even ones with high pr)...however, i have been assuming that these submissions would help me with serps because the links are submitted to a category that is a main keyword i'm trying to target.
    what do others think about that?

e96, May 9, 2008 IP
  18. mustaineoz

mustaineoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont believe that stupid tool at iwebtool,most of things at there are wrong,i dont believe that page at all!

mustaineoz, May 9, 2008 IP
  19. modeca

modeca Peon

Best Answers:
    It may seem a bit futile to repetitively submit your site to directories - however, for an SEO with zero budget, I've found them to be very useful.(2 blogs with PR2 within 2 months -mainly directory links)

I've done hundreds of submissions in the last few months. Every now and then I'll google my domain name and see which directories contain backlinks to my site. Doing this will also show you which directories are being regularly crawled.

For any new sites that I'm building I'll use this as a 'seed list' for getting new links. This lessens the chance of your site being ignored or rejected.

With regards to Pagerank, it's a nice thing to have PR, but in the real world, traffic, keyword SERPS, relevant links and conversion rates are the most important thing.

modeca, May 9, 2008 IP
  20. TipTopMovie.com

TipTopMovie.com Banned

Best Answers:
    ya i thik so u should me mail to google.com castamer care

TipTopMovie.com, May 9, 2008 IP