1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

INDIA & CHINA are CAUSING world food crisis.... !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rahmanalwi, May 3, 2008.

1. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    They don't need food they need CONDOMS. Asia makes up more then 50% of the world population and thats not even accounting Africa's 1 billion.

Here is population density map created by NASA. Surprise look who is making the map red.

Dollar, May 6, 2008 IP
  2. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are many countries in the world...but don't forget US is RICH and have influence on other countries (UK and Australia and Canada among them - all them also rich)...

Yes, you can have trade with Botswana or Burma if you want...but that doesn't do you too much good...and you are in competition with goliath China for all those other countries...

I didn't know too much about the internet at that time ('98-'99 when Google came out)...

You know, there's a word here in America: you talk the talk...but do you walk the walk? So, anybody can claim they can make a better search engine, even I can say that...the hard thing is to actually DO IT :)...

Maybe Powerset with its natural language search will take over Google...who knows...we'll see...they are working hard for several years...but they are working not talking...

Oh...so it actually the water costs something, eh :)? $1 for several gallons...now, think how many gallons Coca Cola would use to make Cola for indian population ...

"Coke plants pump out the water" - how those pumps are working? Electrical pumps? On gas? Who is working and maintaining those pumps? Electricity or gas COSTS money, the workers at those pumps are costing money, the spare parts the same, processing the water to make it suitable for drinking also costs money...all these money means the water has some value when it's extracted! It isn't just free!

Please look at the big picture...

What do you expect from a country of immigrants?? To have one culture? It's a mix of various communities AND cultures! Because those communities brought their culture with them...mexicans brought their culture, irish the same, italians the same, indians the same...and so on...I hope you got the point!

My point was that India is not the only country in the world where Nokia goes...which mean you have competition, you are not alone in this world and you cannot just disconnect and pretend you are on your own...

India has also a steel mill in Romania (bought by Lakshmi Mittal)...and we already had several strikes because of his management style (didn't care too much about the people and environment)...only in the last times it seem he kinda understood what's going on...

Ya, I bet your Cola is crappy too...
    There are manufacturers of soft drink in Romania which are doing very good! Look at this one: http://www.europeandrinks.ro/indexsite.html (or here http://www.alibaba.com/member/europeanfood/aboutus.html ).

They are competing very well with Coca Cola and Pepsi and is the biggest mineral water and soft drinks producer in Romania and in eastern Europe! It is a local company founded by romanians...Coca Cola wanted to buy them, they didn't sell.

They sell a thing called American Cola...but it's not the same as Coca Cola...

Well, a product should sell itself because of the quality...the movies stars only helps a bit...

In Romania stars are campaingning for Pepsi and Coca Cola...yet, the biggest manufacturer and seller of soft drink are not them...is European Drinks (which also uses stars).

So actually urdu IS spoken in India too :) (so what mistake did I do when I said urdu is spoken in India?)...among 1 billion people I bet there are several millions who are speaking urdu...

Pakistan isn't a small country and wasn't a small region in India)...they have 169 million inhabitants...if that is small for you...

I hope understand your mistakes too :)...because, boy, you really don't look at the facts.

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  3. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Fact, did you now who owned Land Rover before indians? Ford! And who owned before Ford? BMW!

Lets see what indians do with this hot potato in their hands...you think germans and americans sold Land Rover for nothing?
    They sold it because it didn't make profit in the end...people are not too crazy about land rovers, especially when you competing with more reliable and cheaper japanese cars...try to beat that :)...

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  4. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody said India cannot do best (at least I haven't said that)...every country can do its best to achieve some results...the fact is that they have to actually do it...not just talking. And the fact is that all countries cannot do it by their own...they are connected with other countries and so on...we all are living here and cannot ignore each other.

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  5. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    I look at the facts and also understand from mistakes. Probably you do not learn from mistakes

You will see.

Agree on this one. But that does not mean we cannot live without US.

No offence to US ppl. Really.

bubaipal, May 6, 2008 IP
  6. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    ANd once you said you live in Romania and now you say you live in US. I think you said you live in Romania. If thats the case do you travel between US and Rom everyday??????????

bubaipal, May 6, 2008 IP
  7. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you should really read well what I said :)...I was born and raised in Romania and I came to live in US 3 years ago...so, I'm not travelling back and forth in Romania every day :) but I do keep in contact with people there and I do read papers and stuff on the internet...

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  8. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    I shown you the facts...I'm not invented all those by myself...if those facts are lying I'm lying too then...

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In other words, the more prosperous the world is, the more opportunity there is ...

President George Bush

bogart, May 6, 2008 IP
  10. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it's rich?But how many years it can sustain? may be 300 odd years no...

It's all because of politicians they
    (cola's) are getting water at a less rate ,If I had been there I would have taxed them heavily!

It's not because of competition,it's because of demand ,companies are setting up shops here...In 60-90 years from now you may see India as a developed economy larger than US.

Freewebspace, May 6, 2008 IP
  11. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Today in the Mumbai Mirror I read that Bush is blaming India for rising fuel prices.

rsrikanth05, May 6, 2008 IP
  12. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have a link? :rolleyes:

bogart, May 6, 2008 IP
  13. amol_cool

amol_cool Guest

Best Answers:
    Even I am from India, but I really don't know on what basis are you saying so. Though we are progressing and will be developed economy soon but sure NOT bigger than US anytime so soon as you said. US economy is 13 times larger than India. I don't really think overcoming US in that time frame is possible. But Yes, in the long run it sure will happen.

amol_cool, May 6, 2008 IP
  14. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    As far I remember UK was rich since 1000 ago (comparing with what other nations at that time had)...France the same...US started 200 years ago...

Maybe India was rich 1000 years ago (well, not India as a country per se, but the indian tribes)...if yes, why they are not rich now? It's certainly because of the rulers...

If US richness won't be sustainable in 300 years from now why you think India, Russia or China will be? What makes you so special :)?

And whose fault is that you have such politicians as rulers of your country :)? I guess you do have elections once in a while, right?

It's because of the competition too...and also price competition...setting up shop in cheaper places makes your product cheaper for the same quality...

And why you think US will stand still during these 60-90 years and wait for you to catch up :)?

Please come with better arguments than these...

mg1313, May 6, 2008 IP
  15. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is no Indian language ????????????

Sorry to say, but that's a ignorant statement.

India has the most number of languages in the world.

Just like different countries of EU have different languages.....French, English, Spanish etc.

Indian states have different languages...Marathi, Tamil, Punjabi, Gujarati etc.

Hindi was the most widely spoken and so was selected as the national language.

sachin410, May 6, 2008 IP
  16. dotcompals

dotcompals Prominent Member

Best Answers:
  17. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    India is not rich now primarily because of the exploitation on us by he Brits. Don't you know they ruled on us for 300 years and exploited by all possible means?

You also have a vote. Why are you nominating Bush for 2nd time? First, rectify your own mistakes than pointing fingers.

Nobody waits for others to catch up. But still some catch up and gethrone others. How can you say it will not happen to US companies. And our companies have home advantage. You better come up with realistic arguments.

bubaipal, May 6, 2008 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  18. google.com

google.com Banned

Best Answers:
    No its not the case the population of the two country is 1 and 2 nd position in the world so they will consume that much food and agriculure in this country is also more then other country in world

google.com, May 6, 2008 IP
  19. rsrikanth05

rsrikanth05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    India was the most advanced civilization at one point of time.
    It is mainly because of the Sultanate, Mughals, and the British that we are reduced to what we are right now.
    P.S: A group of INDO-Canadian scientists have found a new way to test for HIV using saliva.
    A set of Kolhapur docs[Mah, Ind] have found a new method of getting Stem cells via the female genital tract.
    India is going ahead.

rsrikanth05, May 7, 2008 IP
  20. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm...in France there is french (the national language)...in Germany is german...is Italy there's italian...in Spain is spanish...is there, in India, a national language? Is hindi the national language spoken in all India so people can understand each other in the borders of India?

Now, in Spain there are more than one regional languages (catalan, basque) which only people from those regions in Spain are using it...BUT...those people also speak spanish, because is the national language and you have to know it.

In Italy is the same (less in Germany and France)...is it the same in India?

I am NOT denying that :)...China has languages/dialects too...just read what I wrote above...

Do you have a farsi independent state? Do you have a tamil independent state? (well, I know they want to be independent but you wouldn't let them just like chinese won't let Tibet to be independent)..do you have an telugu independent state?

Now, all those countries from Europe you are speaking of ARE independent countries with their own languages! Spain isn't a province of Europe (like Andhra Pradesh is in India where telugu is the main language). Spain is an independent country with spanish as the national language (and some other regional languages)...

So, you are confusing apples with plums...

Yes, that's what I said...indian states are one thing, the state of India is another one.

If hindi is the official national language then that means India has a national language called "indian" (and when I asked if India has an indian language you ,some people, said what you said above: that you have lots of languages (and I asked just for the one)...

Ok, so we agree India has a national language :) ...finally...

mg1313, May 7, 2008 IP