1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to build relationship with bloggers?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jingCo, May 6, 2008.

As part of the marketing/publicity for my clothing line I want bloggers to write and talk about my line and the stuff that's happening. What's the best way to do this?

Should I send them Press Releases? too impersonal?
    Send them freebies?
    Just keep in touch?

jingCo, May 6, 2008 IP
  2. Logic

Logic Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello jingCo,
    My name Is Logic.

I think I can help you with a 2 part answer to your question.
    1 answer is free or close to free, and the other is the tipical no brainer pay game.
    We see that you are a clothing company. So lets focus on this main keyword.

Let me start with the number 1 answer.
    Go to your favorite search engine type in the search box "Blog Directories" and you will see a lot of directories like MyBlogLog a Yahoo product and Logic is an active member there as well.

When you arrive there you can type in their serch box clothing and other wrods that relate to your clothing like designer clothing, clothing discussion, fashion news, etc.
    Then contact the blogs that best fit your needs and write to them or contact them and explain that your are this and you know that etc.

It may not hurt to send those freebies after you have a dialog as we know from giving away a little bit to get some buzz flowing, but walk soft and really build a dialog and enjoy these new friends.
    We send free stuff to people and they like it if they know you personally. This might take up to a year to truely build a strong trusted relationship but all business takes time to build.

Lets continue with the second answer:
    Ok this is the easier but heavier used method.
    Lets go back to your favorite search engine and type again but this time we are going to type in "Blog Advertisers" and a lot are going to come up to choose from. We use BlogVertise.com and PayPerPost.com these companies and all of the others have a lot of blogs signed up with them for everything under the sun on topics including clothing fashion etc.
    These are going to cost you and we do not know anything about you or your budget so we listed it second because it is ease and it is common but effective because these are not in your fsce sales advertisments but rather they are like written informercials that these blog owners share with their readers and subscribers everyday.

We wish you great success and we hope we have been helpful.

Logic...

Logic, May 6, 2008 IP
    jingCo likes this.
  3. jingCo

jingCo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Very helpful.

For option 1 it'll take a lot of effort. If I want 30 bloggers that's a lot of relationship building...

I'll check out option 2 to see what the cost is.

jingCo, May 6, 2008 IP