1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Is The Money !!!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by sheryl, May 3, 2008.

My website is riding high right now. Its on the first page of Google, the first page of Yahoo, and on the first page of AOL so far that I have discovered. Its for the search term, " carpet spot cleaner ".

Now that my website has exposure on some popular search engines, theres just one thing that I want to know.

WHERE IS THE MONEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I have an account with Clickbank, Azoogle, Adsense, and CJ but have never made a dime with any of them except adsense. Last year I made a $100 with adsense but my expenses for ppc was much much higher. I ended up deleting the websites and started over with new ones.
    www.carpetspotcleaner.com

I'd like to make some money with some kind of program, affiliate banner, or cpc. I'm tired of reading all the make money now ebooks.

What are the best choices for making some clear profits for my website? Can anyone tell me? Any advice would be more then welcome. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Are there others looking for the same thing? Please let me know.

sheryl, May 3, 2008 IP
  2. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    well amazon have many carpet cleaning products that you could review of and add a link to to gain a bit more cash, and more pages for your site.

vagrant, May 3, 2008 IP
  3. ~ Sam ~

~ Sam ~ Banned

Best Answers:
    I would have to say amazon too.

~ Sam ~, May 3, 2008 IP
  4. sheryl

sheryl Peon

Best Answers:

I took your suggestion. Amazon banners are on it now. Had a few clicks but haven't bought in any money yet.

Thanks for the advice guys.

sheryl, May 5, 2008 IP
  5. EHubert

EHubert Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not take an active role in recruiting a publisher by sending an e-mail or calling somebody on the phone who is in the carpet stain removal industry. If they don't know about you and how great your domain is, how are they going to do business with you?

EHubert, May 5, 2008 IP
  6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wordtracker

No data for phrase: carpet spot cleaner

Overture

No data for phrase: carpet spot cleaner

The money is in proper keyword research before building a website.

:)

Sem-Advance, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. sheryl

sheryl Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Google Keyword Tool myself

Research was done, ty.

sheryl, May 5, 2008 IP
  8. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I checked with the Adwords tool as well and I see minimal searches.

One thing you need to remember is all tools use speculation and guesstimation.

Your biggest problem might be that most of the carpet sold in the last 5 years or so has scotchguard protection to prevent stains.....

And in certain instances SEO can be useless......I learned this the hard way with real estate....

Best wishes!

Sem-Advance, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. heldhostage

heldhostage Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a popular search term.

heldhostage, May 5, 2008 IP
  10. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    carpet cleaning does show 356 in Wordtracker so a few pages detailing how to remove common types of stains, along with cleaning products or wet and dry vacuum cleaners on amazon may do well.

I find the amazon "My Favourites" widget with the words "we recommend" at the top does best for amazon and is not blocked by so many advert blockers.

}
    .wdgt_ft { display: none; }
    Code (markup):
    in your css file will remove the "get widget" from the bottom of the amazon widget :)

vagrant, May 6, 2008 IP
  11. tyler3

tyler3 Peon

Best Answers:
    you also have to think about the type of traffic you are getting...when someone searches for 'carpet spot cleaner' are they in research mode or buying mode?

My guess would be research mode. They are looking for whats out there and what it costs. Now if someone was searching for (insert brand name here) carpet cleaner, or buy carpet cleaner, then you know they are in buying mode. Might want to look into not just how many times your keyword is searched, but what frame of mind a person who is searching for that keyword is likely to be in.

tyler3, May 6, 2008 IP
  12. sk1982

sk1982 Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem's likely the landing page rather than anything else. It's just some products floating on their own and some text further down. Try and add some value to the page - provide some information about the products you're promoting, add reviews maybe, something that's going to make someone want to click on the product and make the decision to buy it. People visiting the site are likely looking for information and tips on how to get rid of a stain. So tell them how to do it and point them in the direction of the solutions, helping them to make a decision in the process.

sk1982, May 6, 2008 IP
  13. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with sk1982! You have to improve the content first - make the page a place of value & insight. When a reader comes to the page, the ONLY thing visible is the amazon advertisements and not the text. Your reader isn't going to happen upon your page & suddenly buy a vacume cleaner... I'm not sure exactally what the content should be however, you have to make your reader want to stay on the page by providing something unique and valuable. Take Care & Best!

nonyf, May 8, 2008 IP
  14. jime35

jime35 Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that your text starts below the fold, so when I come onto your site I see three machines. Try removing some whitespace between the graphics and the text. I would combine the graphics and the text, and then I think write some articles and publish them to let everyone know who you are. I think those simple changes would help tremendously. Good Luck

jime35, May 8, 2008 IP