1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Tips For Beginning Article Marketers

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by grover69, May 5, 2008.

OK, I'm up to 44 articles. Not nearly enough in the big scheme of things, but I thought I would share a few insights to help some beginners out.

I just launched seven articles today and one is clearly being viewed more than the others even though they are in the same niche and very similar articles. Why? The title. I just had that aha moment where I realized that the title of the one article that is receiving the most views is due to a catchy article. What do you think I am going to look for on my next articles?

Write, write, write, and then write some more. You need quality articles, but you also need quantity. One article that I wrote that I thought would perform very well hasn't. I was surprised. Another article that I just tossed out there is still generating great clicks. Don't get caught up on an article just because you fell in love with it or are overly proud. Get multiple out there and see what sticks. It may just surprise you!

I will submit some more tips as I watch results today. Thanks for checking this post out and I hope it helps!

grover69, May 5, 2008 IP
    arjun316 likes this.
  2. yebel89@gmail.com

yebel89@gmail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    good post

Continue to post tips

yebel89@gmail.com, May 5, 2008 IP
  3. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, here's another one:

You can't do a true split test of resource boxes because you need unique articles, but you can try out different resource boxes and monitor your CTR rate. Some of my articles have much, much better CTR than others, and the main thing I can point to is the resource box.

grover69, May 5, 2008 IP
  4. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    So as for the headlines, could you give an example of what KIND of headlines we're talking about. Doesn't really help much if you just say that you need great headlines . What is, in your opinion, the definition of a great headline?

lemonarian, May 5, 2008 IP
  5. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question. Didn't want to give too much away. I guess that might be an example. I was using "Get A (fill in the blank here)" when I tried using "Easily Get A (fill in the blank here)". It seemed to make all the difference! In fact the article I am referring to is pulling in four times the amount of views.

grover69, May 5, 2008 IP
  6. ajbarnes

ajbarnes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I wrote an article a couple of months ago, and the article has a really good, catchy title. That article is now my top producing article with over 12,000 views, 3,000 url clicks, and 9 sales....and it's still going strong...actually, it currently is listed as the most viewed article in the past 90 days.

You have to put a ton of focus on making a really great title, it'll make a huge difference.

I get ideas on coming up with a great title, by looking at the "Most Viewed" articles listed on the bottom of the page on Ezine Articles....of course I don't copy titles, I just get ideas of what keywords in those articles attract readers. For example, in health and weight loss, keywords such as "lose belly fat", "increase your metabolism", "lose x amount of pounds in x amount of time", etc. all do extremely well.

ajbarnes, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, its funny because I wish I had really considered all this 40 some articles ago! And now I don't think it is worth it to go back and change those titles, or is it?

grover69, May 5, 2008 IP
  8. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where do you link your articles to ? And could you give some advice, how to target specific keywords?

bl4ckmaN^, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    I registered a domain which I use as a redirect directly to the sales page of the affiliate product. In the near future, I'm going to create a landing page (review site, etc.) which I will then use in the resource box. I think I would probably have a better conversion ratio. At the moment, I'm getting about 1 sale out of every 250 hops or something around that.

Dealing with keywords to use in your title, just simply look at the "Most Viewed" articles within your niche and see what are the most common keywords used with the most popular articles. Not only are keywords important, but coming up with a catchy title could do wonders.

Note: I was going to give an example of a good catchy title versus a title that wouldn't do so well, but I kept coming up with very clever one's I want to keep for myself. :D

ajbarnes, May 5, 2008 IP
    arjun316 likes this.
  10. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great post. :)

Skribblez, May 6, 2008 IP
  11. ajbarnes

Best Answers:
    You can actually change your titles with ezine. The only neg is that your articles would be down for up to 24-48 hours.

ajbarnes, May 7, 2008 IP
  12. fisalnk

fisalnk Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Post. Keep posting more information.

fisalnk, May 7, 2008 IP
  13. mpak11

mpak11 Guest

Best Answers:
    how do you actually become an expert ezine article? I submitted one article, got approved after 7 days and already, I have a tag as an expert writer. So is everyone considered an expert writer already when an article is approved? But it is indeed a good traffic, its not yet hundred views but I have never had that kind of views before in my website (its new) and article marketing was my first attempt to drive traffic to it...and because of that one submission, its getting hits.

mpak11, May 7, 2008 IP