1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can PHPLinkdirectory call itself a Directory script

Discussion in 'Directories' started by SearchBoyGlobal, Mar 31, 2006.

:mad: I am damn furious that phpld can dare call itself opesource or even a directory script the way it is. I was just told about them charging a massive 75 dollars to take the link away from the footer on the version 2 which is supposed to be open source and that cant be right:mad: the phpscript itself is pretty damn rubbish with more bugs than my backyard. there aint no way this is an out of box script as this guy david brags and he is making mega bucks ripping people off by gettin everyone to pay for fixes and shit and then take the glory, hes one sad dude who is making scripts and open source a mockery. I see you guys all goin gaga over him here and he laughs at you he must be, you make him big bucks by promoting him.

all people should boycott the guy til he sorts his game and stops taking peoples money 'please pm me to arrange payment' is all he ever says :mad: greed aint good and hes making fools of us all.

a pissed off almost mug who decided not to buy a free script :rolleyes:

SearchBoyGlobal, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    commandos and iatbm like this.
  2. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    Phplinkdirectory is a Directory script and a very popular one. no doubt about it. :)

and it is David's work so the owner who has put so much time in programming it certainly has the right to decide whether they want to sell it for any price or want to keep it opensource or whatever else they decide with the terms.

It's their hard work after all.

onedollar, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  3. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are actually the first person to be this furious about my script.

I ask you to PM me so we could discuss it. You did not do that.

You don't even know me. I am not rich, and I work very hard every day.

dvduval, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  4. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, the horror.

Lpspider, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  5. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    hey, if you want to use his script, you should at least leave the copyright link intact... it's free to you after all...

daboss, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  6. SiteExpress

SiteExpress Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I find it a bit odd that you have made 2 posts in this forum, and both of them were a rant about having to link to a FREE directory script. Both Site Sift, and phpLD have made themselves available to your for free, and yet you don't seem happy with that. Well....Uhmmmm Go pay a couple hundred dollars and get yourself a copy of a script that does not ask for a link, and stop your whining.

What happened? Did you download you FREE copys, and then were not able to follow the instructions well enough to get them installed properly? AHH, I get it. you are probably one of those beginners that needs a little executable file on your desktop that you can just double click and let Windows do the work for you.

It's ok...Don't cry anymore. If you like, I will set it up for you, and all I want is a footer link in return. :D :D

SiteExpress, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  7. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For the record, we provided this user with a lot of free support
    http://www.phplinkdirectory.com/forum/search.php?search_author=Emir
    This "buggy" software he is referring to was running on a free hosting account, and we spent a lot of time helping him, and it seems the directory script worked for him, as he thanked us several times.

Sometimes people think "open source" means that they can get free support as much as they want and not pay a dime. Open source is about working together, and if you look in our support forum, we do a great job helping people, even Emir. He may not appreciate the couple of hours of work we did to support him, or the time we spent creating the script in the first place.

We can't make everybody happy, but we have a lot of very satisfied users, and that makes me happy.

It's kind of strange that he would call me greedy, yet to the best of my knowledge, has never given me a dime!

And then I asked him to PM me directly about payment arrangements, and instead he came over here and complained. I've "worked with" a lot of people that requested help. This is one person who will not be getting any more help from me.

How can PHPLinkdirectory call itself a Directory script?

We are able to do this thru of the massive support of our users. Without them, we would be nothing.

dvduval, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    GTech and compostannie like this.
  8. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll vouch for you David, it's an awesome script. :)

SonicReducer, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just w0w!...

HOW?@#$%^ in the world could you complain about a FREE script, that has a community that provides pretty decent support, not to mention, the owner (aka David), is actually there and lends one on one support for *all* scripts he has to offer.

Let us not forget that although you can get the FREE script version, there are so many MODs out there, in that, if you were to install them all, you would pretty much almost have the same functionality of a 3.0 version. (we are on 3.03), minus a few options, and a much more detailed back end interface with better functionality.

This is pathetic and a slap in the face to everyone that helped this person out. I just don't get it people like him/her.

You Emir, are one very sad individual.

anon

an0n, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  10. minute

minute Peon

Best Answers:
    Because it is one. That's why! It's the second one I have bought and it's very sweet. I was impressed with it from the get go and it's getting better.

You won't get much agreement from the users of it and objecting just because someone else has a valuable product that people want to pay for is just indicative of the fact that you could be doing better in life.

I stand by it as a high quality product. Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but even non-users would recognise that somethings up at your end of the line.

Take a chill pill.

minute, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  11. LuffE

LuffE Guest

Best Answers:
    Man , if you dont like it , dont use it, its as simple as that.

Thumbs up for PhpLD crew from here.

LuffE, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  12. mystikmedia

mystikmedia Jedi Master

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, PHP Link Directory is the best script available. It is the best to submit to in any case.

mystikmedia, Mar 31, 2006 IP
    fsmedia likes this.
  13. praveen

praveen Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if u think its buggy,

why dont u stop whinging and go create your own directory script instead of wasting everyone's time??

if u dont like it, then dont use it.

get a life.

praveen, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  14. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your support everyone. I think the reverse of what the original poster wanted to happen has happened. phpLD is getting more good press. You (everyone) has turned this thread upside down.

I was upset earlier. I appreciate everyone's support.
    I know phpLD will always need improvement, and I will do my best to see that we keep getting better. :)

dvduval, Apr 1, 2006 IP
    fsmedia likes this.
  15. WTM

WTM Peon

Best Answers:
    David,
    Just remember one thing: good deed never goes unpunished.
    No matter how hard you try - you can't satisfy everyone...
    Keep on good work. I look forward to release of version 3.0.4 and all of your other great scripts.

WTM, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  16. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    David, for the record, I must say that phpLD is a great script along with Site-Sift and IndexScript.
    Keep up the good work. :)

obenix, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  17. eli03

eli03 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    phpld is a great script that's all i can say!

eli03, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  18. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to post how great the script is, but it seems everyone has already done it ;)

John D, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  19. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way we call you an a**hole :)

Agent47, Apr 1, 2006 IP
  20. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We can now leave this thread alone and let it die out on page 3 or 4.
    He only posted twice, is red, so doubtful he will be back here.

Perchance he does come back, then feel free to flame the heck out of him! LOL

iowadawg, Apr 1, 2006 IP