1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ever been a victim of bullying

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ЄxDeus™, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    There was an assault thread posted here today so I thought I would ask about bullies. On the way home from work about 5 month ago now I seen this kid walking home. He had caterpillar boots on and his back pack on 2 straps and was walking at a super fast speed (it reminded me of myself). Not far behind him were 3 kids (aged about 14) shouting abuse, I kept my head down and walked past incase they shouted at me! Any way when I felt safe I turned around and looked back to see how far ahead I was and see the kid on the floor been beat up, At this point I bit my lip and thought to my self I can stop this… Sadly my legs didn’t feel the same and I had to leave the kid behind. I stayed back and did EVERY possible school event I could from sports to Science when I was at school just so I didn’t have to walk home and get kicked or punched! (worst bit about this is i did Shotokan Karate and was very good, was just to scared to hit back incase i hurt them).

So Any one else here been bulled? Or have a view on it? or has anyone ever bullied someone else?

ЄxDeus™, May 3, 2008 IP
  2. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been bullied on during my elementary days but not that extreme to the point of being beaten up, just being teased and called names.

cool_78, May 3, 2008 IP
  3. Proximity

Proximity Banned

Best Answers:
    i have never been bullied..

make a group for yourself, and get the people to know you around the school that will help

Proximity, May 3, 2008 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    What's the point of learning karate then?

Crazy_Rob, May 3, 2008 IP
  5. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm i am 23 now :D i was just asking if it had effected you in the past.

my mom made me do it to stop me getting picked on :( and to understand respect :p

ЄxDeus™, May 3, 2008 IP
  6. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haven't you ever seen Karate kid? The point in learning Karate is so you don't have to fight!

I can never say I was bullied, I was a pretty big kid at school around 6 foot at 15 , I'm around 6'3 now. I did have some close friends at school that were bullied though , I never really chose to intervene as intervening would often lead them onto you i.e. a new target. And even though I was confident and "big" I was no match for a group of 20 kids. I don't really regret it though because they've all become such strong people from the experience (I don't condone it though!)

Saying that I did help them through it, hung with them. If they were with me , they wouldn't really get any harassment it was only when they were alone.

Bullying is a tough ordeal though, if you're getting bullied its important to reach out and get help from teachers,friends,parents etc.

students-forum, May 4, 2008 IP
  7. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There was always kids picking on me and trying to bully me, but in the end i beat the shit out of them and thats it. One thing i learned in highschool. If you keep on getting bullied and you don't do anything about it you will be bullied all of your life. I always fought back but i never bullied someone i only fought if someone else started it :).

- Prilep :)

prilep, May 4, 2008 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  8. CrazyDictator

CrazyDictator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never, I know karate, muahahaha..just kidding.

CrazyDictator, May 4, 2008 IP
  9. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm at 100 kilos use to go to judo/karate and at the gym when i was at highschool trust me no body bullies me ... + i had very dangerouas mates (drtog dealer/a fighter/and a guy who's dad was in tyhe mafia) ....

w3bmaster, May 4, 2008 IP
  10. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think everyone has been bullied at some time in their life. The trick is to try and avoid confrontational situations - difficult for an argumentative sod like me!

CountryBoy, May 4, 2008 IP
  11. daniegb123

daniegb123 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think that basically every kid got bullied, whether is was simply name calling or physical abuse, it happens to everyone even in groups.

Edit: Country Boy, beat me to it :p

daniegb123, May 4, 2008 IP
  12. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, unless you're a popular kid like me when I was younger you won't get bullied. kidding. :p

I guess it's when bullies see you as weak or too goody-goody, you're their easy target. Be good but be don't weak. And neither be like them. They're actually a bunch of cowards who think otherwise of themselves. no more no less. ;)

affiliategirl, May 4, 2008 IP
  13. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Correct. Fight back always, even if it means taking a kicking.

mcfox, May 4, 2008 IP
    prilep likes this.
  14. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I don't agree with this attitude. I agree with affilliategirls approach. If you have good body language have friends then you probably won't be victimised. The thrill for these guys is being in a large group picking on an easy target. One of the reasons I never used to get bullied is body language just make sure you send out the right signals . If people test you , then you have to draw a line so your not seen as a weak target outright.

students-forum, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well there are different cultures out there and each one have their own opinions thats why we shouldn't judge them based on their personal point of views.

Personally I was raised in really bad times when there was a war in Albania (1997). Kids weren't playing football or basketball but playing with grenades and ak-47's.

Raised in a big friendship had its own positive effects but also negative ones. I have never been bullied and thats because I use my words instead of my hands (I dont use my hands either , just a berreta if its needed :))

Im 19 now and I think I'm grown enough for childish fights so if there will be something big which will damage me , hell yes I will participate to defend my honor and reputation

Cheers

Olgi

0lgi, May 4, 2008 IP
  16. FFTEX

FFTEX Peon

Best Answers:
    I never got bullied people were scared of me. They thought I was the kid that would blow up the school or something. Also word got around that when this one kid pushed me I slammed his head off the locker so they knew I'd fight back.

FFTEX, May 4, 2008 IP
  17. Marcher

Marcher Banned

Best Answers:
    Never! We were great pals with everyone at school.

And bullying in India rarely comes down to blows!

Marcher, May 4, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.