1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting Affiliate Marketing at 16?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by rosmatis, May 3, 2008.

Hey,

I'm currently 16, I have seen many people who seem to succeed with affiliate marketing and I like everyone else, would like to try and start this out.
    I do have a bank account so I can receive cheques and money etc...
    Also, I'm in the UK.

So does anyone have any tips on where to start and how? I have the skills to setup things like hosting, sites etc... so I don't think this would be a problem. I was interested in ClickBank but I'm not to sure. Also won't age be a problem? Don't you need to be18+?

Thanks to everyone that helps out :).

rosmatis, May 3, 2008 IP
  2. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm fourteen. My clickbank account is shared with my father, so it's in his name. I run two blogs myself, which are self-hosted wordpress blogs.

I'm a bum marketer in heart, meaning I use only free methods.
    I generally put up what's called a landing page on one of my sites, and that page is a pre-sell. In a pre-sell, your objective is to make the customer ready to buy before they hit the main sales page. This could be in form of a review, talking about what the product/service has done for you and its benefits.

If you're targeting a really desperate audience, you could hard-sell them on the product.

This is way smarter than sending them straight to your affiliate links, because people are tired of these sales letters, and if you can warm them up before they hit the sales page, you increase your conversion rate (% of people that buy instead of leave the site) so, so much. You do need the capability to write a decent pre-sell though...

Then you write as many articles as you can and drive traffic to your pre-sell.
    A great starter point is Travis Sago's Bum Marketing Method course, which is free at http://www.bummarketingmethod.com

Another great thing to study is Supper's Article Marketing Journal on this forum. It's in the Clickbank part of this forum.

I hope it helped, feel free to PM me if you have any questions about any of this.
    (notice how I just pre-sold you on Travis' course, in the form of an honest recommendation? That's how you wanna do it:p)

lemonarian, May 3, 2008 IP
  3. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    @lemonarian

Thanks but I'm not to sure if you actually have presold me your Travis' course. Why? Well because everytime I visit similar sites to http://www.bummarketingmethod.com they all seem and look like scams. I don't know why but I just have this feeling that these type of sites are complete bulls**t (no offence) and they never work. :( I know a high majority of people who as soon as they see something like this they straight away close the page.

rosmatis, May 3, 2008 IP
  4. king_tycoon

king_tycoon Banned

Best Answers:
    Starting young is the key.

I am making more money then I ever dreamed I would at this age and it just keeps getting better and better.

Focus, Passion and Dedication is the only things you need to succeed.

king_tycoon, May 3, 2008 IP
  5. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    I think I have that :). I just need a little help to get me started ;)

rosmatis, May 3, 2008 IP
  6. flaco

flaco Peon

Best Answers:
    I am 16, in the U.S. though. Technically your supposed to be 18, but just act mature and they won't know the difference.

flaco, May 3, 2008 IP
  7. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    OK, Well I guess age ain't a problem then, but where would be a good place to start? And which marketers would be best to go with first? I have signed up with CJ.com...

rosmatis, May 3, 2008 IP
  8. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can be any age I started when I was 17, I'm now 18. If you want a place to start and gain information there isn't a better place then DP, just search for the things you want to know. More times than not it's already been answered here.

Seqqa, May 3, 2008 IP
  9. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh ok, well I guess that I will just search around. Also, I have seen some thread which are from like last year, they were quie good and I wanted to ask a question on them but I didn't because I am not sure If you are allowed to reply to threads started last year??

rosmatis, May 3, 2008 IP
  10. imteaz

imteaz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you can simply open a new thread and ask that question :)

imteaz, May 3, 2008 IP
    rosmatis likes this.
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah if you think it may be seen as thread bumping just open a new thread, and keep opening new threads untill you get all the answers that you need.

Seqqa, May 4, 2008 IP
    rosmatis likes this.
  12. androomidaa

androomidaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm 21 now, making good cash from affiliate marketing and constantly increasing my earnings. my only wish is I could start as early as you are so I would be making a lot more than I make right now. starting early is good, my honest advice would be to start right away. Learn and make your knowledge useful. DP is a great source of information, always look around, read, learn and try to find out the answers of the questions popping up inside your head. Work hard as well as work smart and the reward will be right there.

Affiliate marketing is indeed an awesome way to make good cash. I promote health related products for now but looking forward to expand on other niches as well. Just to help you out I can show you how to start with products that make $175 per sale. But you have to work hard, put some time into your affiliate business and patience my friend is a great virtue.

Just if you were wondering, you can join the affiliate program that makes me $175 per sale from my signature, and if you do, don't forget to pm me, I'll try my best to help you make sales. I showed few others how to and they are making good bucks every month. So what's the catch? To be very honest just so no confusion left, my signature is my referral link so when you are joining, you are joining under me. If you join under me, I will get a bonus of $20 when you make your first sale. I guess that's not a very big deal specially when I'm teaching you how to make $175 per sale right? Well the choice is yours, whatever you do, take actions and start right away.

androomidaa, May 4, 2008 IP
    rosmatis likes this.
  13. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for helping out.

@androomidaa
    Yeah I wouldn't mind trying this program out, currently I have some school work to do but as soon as I'm done and I'm clear I will register and hopefully you can help me out ;)
    Cheers.

rosmatis, May 4, 2008 IP
  14. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey roasmantis I am also 16, turning 17 in 2 months. I joined DP a little while ago because I was interested in breaking into the marketing business, and I have had a set idea from day 1. I have very strong skills with web design and development, so I try to get jobs by posting on Craigslist and other freelance job sites, and make some money that way. I put a little in my bank account, have some for spending money, and then save a little bit to put off for my online needs. Once I get enough, I plan to buy a few domain names, some good hosting, and put a few websites live online to see if I can make money off of them through advertisers.

So if you are looking for a good place to start, I would suggest using Wordpress or Blogger blogs and just testing out your skills at blogging. It's better to try it through a free service so that you aren't paying money for a web host, and then 2 weeks later realize "man, this blog sucks...". So I would suggest to try blogging through a free service for a while and see what you think, and also you said that you can work with hosting and such in your first post, so are you capable to do web designs? Since you are still in high school and probably have at least 1 or 2 years left, maybe trying to find some web design work would be a great small source of income to try and get a few of your ideas off the ground. You can contact local businesses and play the card that "you're in a high school web design club and trying to raise money for something, blah blah blah". Often if businesses don't have a website or just need a re-design, they'll go for it.

Ascendancy, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if I didn't properly pre-sell you on Travis' course, you can still check it out. It's free...

lemonarian, May 4, 2008 IP
  16. Tom Strong

Tom Strong Peon

Best Answers:
    What you have to learn/do :

1º PHP, CSS and HTML
    2º First site online
    3º Website administration
    4º SEO, AM, CPC, etc
    5º Outsourcing
    6º Replicate

Not an easy rode. If you have brains you can be financially independent by 19. Don't buy eBooks and that sort of crappy 'How To Make Money Online'.

Tom Strong, May 4, 2008 IP
  17. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you make things harder than need be.

Find an offer

spend a few $$'s advertising the offer.

Easy as 1 - 2

:D

Sem-Advance, May 4, 2008 IP
  18. rosmatis

rosmatis Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips, I know most of the points listed by Tom Strong so they aren't a problem. The only thing I need to learn is CSS and PHP :), but I just can't find the right place to start and Windows Vista makes it even harder.

rosmatis, May 4, 2008 IP
  19. Tom Strong

Tom Strong Peon

Best Answers:
    Tom Strong, May 4, 2008 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wikipedia is a nice place to read... but hardly the place for to start for much. Wikipedia would only be very good if truly brilliant individuals contributed.

Here are few favorites.

http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/DEfaULT.asP

http://www.csszengarden.com/

Not sure what Vista has to do with anything...I coded html on windows98 and now use windows XP pro....

Your operating system should not matter unless your PC does not have the RAM Vista needs to function properly.

Best wishes

Sem-Advance, May 4, 2008 IP