1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hosting multiple domains

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by svfox, May 4, 2008.

If I have 50 domains and want to have each as their own website.
    Meaning each one is independant to google's eyes and thus you can use adwords or whatever to put ads on your site.

I was told they each have to be root level or such to use them with google advertising. If you have sub domains only the 1 root can be used with google advertising.

Buying 50 shared servers is to much money. So when people say they are hosting multiple websites for $10 they probably aren't using google...

So that would leave a virtual server and they usually only show 5 or maybe 10 dedicated ip's. So that would mean you could only host and use 5 or 10 domains of yours with google advertising.
    Am I confused?

svfox, May 4, 2008 IP
  2. royo

royo Peon

Best Answers:
    You're confused. You don't need dedicated IPs for SEO. You can either use a VPS and host as many domains as you want or a reseller account.

royo, May 4, 2008 IP
    svfox likes this.
  3. mobilebuzz

mobilebuzz Banned

Best Answers:
    oh dear
    you can host as many domains on same shared hosting account
    just login into your cpanel
    go to addon domains
    and add your domain
    it will automatically create a separate folder for each domain
    upload files to particular folder
    and your site is ready

mobilebuzz, May 4, 2008 IP
    svfox likes this.
  4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are hosting 50 domains on a single server, dedicated IP or otherwise, they would be viewed as 50 distinct websites. Just make sure that you do not do link exchanges between the 50 websites as when Google sees that the IP is the same, it would not be considered as naturally occurring backlinks.

There is nothing wrong in having all the 50 sites if you want to earn from Adsense or advertised through Adwords provided that the 50 sites are distinct and unique from each other.

What Google wants is natural backlinks which means represents endorsements from your visitors and not from yourself. What I mean is that if you have 50 visitors coming to your website and thinking that it is a great website and deciding to put a link back to your site from theirs would be more valuable an endorsement as someone who owns 50 websites and put the link back to the main site because that would be person's bias opinion of his own website which does not really mean as much.

eddy2099, May 4, 2008 IP
  5. svfox

svfox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I'm glad to hear this. Makes me wonder if the godaddy sales rep was just trying to get a bigger sale or godaddy purposely doesn't allow their servers to be that way.

I will try it and if it works , perfecto.

I remember him saying you get 1 domain and the rest would be sub domains off of the one primary,
    like yourrootdomain.nonrootdomains.com

That was his reason google wouldn't recognize but 1 domain of yours.

I think that is in direct contradiction what I've been told here.

svfox, May 4, 2008 IP
  6. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not sure what control panel GoDaddy uses but I believe that if you use what is known as 'Add-on' domains then it is true to say all the sites you add to that account would be sub domains or sub directory to the primary site but of course each can be accessed via their own domain name.

If however you sign up for a reseller's account then each site you set up would have its own control panel and distinct folders.

Thus if you are hosting only 1 or 2 sites, a standard web hosting plan with add-on domains would suffice but if you are going to host more, you might want to consider a reseller's account. You do not need to resell anything to sign up for one.

eddy2099, May 4, 2008 IP
    Camay123 and svfox like this.
  7. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good answer. Reps for you.

Camay123, May 4, 2008 IP