1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOW geographical location effects your ADSENSE income.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by rahmanalwi, May 3, 2008.

I do not declare that I am adsense GURU, but I hope to share my knowledge with all of you, and hope this will benefit some of you here...
    What I am writing here is from my experiment with adsense for many many months, and I believe this works for many cases. It definitely works for me.

Okay... here goes.

For the past many months, I been trying to improve my adsense income by using many different ways, and I noticed that this factor do improve income significantly.

THAT IS CHOOSING YOUR VISITORS BASE ON GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

- all this while , I was promoting my main website below (few other websites too) in general and expecting visitors from all over the world. Off course the adsense income increased, but the clicks were not paying that high.

- then I used to focus to advertise and promoting only in certain GEOGRAPHICAL location such as North America, UK, Europe and few other locations.

- after implementing this effort for the past 2 months, my adsense have increased much more than I expected because the clicks are more expensive paying clicks.

- this is what I believe. Many advertisers are promoting their products or services using adsense base on Google adsense geographical location features. Therefore, advertisers who are bidding to advertise in certain niche are competing at higher price to cover certain location. This is the logic, if you are a pet shop in LA and provide certain pet service, then it is logical to advertise in LA area, right. It does not make sense to advertise using adsense in Papa New Guinea!! Now if there are 100 pet shops competing in LA, then it definately will increase their bidding cost.

One thing which I believe is true ( at least for me ), after I started to focus on geographical advertising and promotion of my sites, my adsense it soooo goood!!

Its up to you to try.... hope it will help you. :D

rahmanalwi, May 3, 2008 IP
  2. woodridge

woodridge Peon

Best Answers:
    Your analysis looks logical to me. Tried to do it but I can't seem to find where I could specify the geographical location such as USA. Tried searching for "geographical targeting" in the adsense help but all it says is that adsense will automatically target ads depending on the location of the site visitor.

Care to help?

woodridge, May 3, 2008 IP
  3. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! Geographical Location does count in advertisement. I noticed and experienced that referals and normal ads pay much higher for USA, UK and other European visitors.

jezzz, May 3, 2008 IP
  4. Cagliostro

Cagliostro Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALL of my clicks come from USA and UK. And my 85% traffic is from them also.

Cagliostro, May 3, 2008 IP