1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN (serious issues)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, May 2, 2008.

EPN seems to be very unstable at this point. The information being displayed on the Dashboard doesn't tie to the numbers shown on the Transaction Download. Plus the numbers change periodically. I checked, what I thought was, final numbers for April, which was slightly over $70. I checked about an hour later, and now it's $69 and change. I downloaded the transaction details, which show almost $90. What the hell is going on?

And what's the deal with $1 ACRU's? This is just horrible.

mcmuney, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. soggy

soggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    im tracking along just fine. are you sure your links are correct?

soggy, May 2, 2008 IP
  3. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the links were incorrect, I would expect to see $0 activity.

mcmuney, May 2, 2008 IP
  4. sin

sin Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ boys must be LTAOROTF lol. Never trust eBay or their "in-house" network tracking. It's all in their favor. Forget about receiving those "sorry there have been a tracking issue; we'll try to make it all better" emails. They'll never admit to a problem.

sin, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if this will be of any comfort, but when things were with CJ, there would be multiple discrepecies such as you describe. In eBay's favor, they've done a "make good" in the final analysis, or, at least we have to hope that they've done things right in the final analysis.

Yes, their tracking has been unstable in the past, and may well be unstable currently. Again, just hope that all will be straightened out when push comes to shove.

potentmix, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you independent verification of that statement, or is this just your opinion?

potentmix, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got the $1 ACRUs too and my transaction download is out of sync with the dashboard. With all of these mistakes you have to wonder how many transactions they're losing that we'll have no way of knowing about.

msavage, May 2, 2008 IP
  8. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    What a cluster F this all is. Thanks Shoemoney, for suggesting that eBay leave CJ!

KGL, May 2, 2008 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  9. Nathy

Nathy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay the $1 ACRU thing is because it displays it as one ACRU. You have to replace the 1 with 25 or however much you get per ACRU on that program.

Plus all of the numbers for revenue generated in the transaction reports is how much the eBay fee was so you need to divide it by 2 to get 50% of the revenue generated.

Nathy, May 2, 2008 IP
  10. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    That doesn't work for me because my transaction report is HIGHER than the Dashboard. If I replace the $1 with $25, then the difference becomes higher as well.

Doesn't make any sense, why should have to alter the transaction report!

mcmuney, May 2, 2008 IP
  11. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the $1 shows up in the Amount column not the quantity column. I would expect EPN to plug in the $25 instead of mixing amounts and quantities in the same column. There's a quantity column but it's blank for ACRUs. I imagine this is a bug in their transaction spreadsheet report.

No, the amount column should be the amount due to us, not the fee eBay collected. They already have an eBay Sales Amount so giving us the eBay fee and not the amount due to us would not make sense. Again, the transaction spreadsheet amount not matching the dashboard has to be another bug.

Bottom line: there's a bunch of bugs EPN has to work out.

msavage, May 2, 2008 IP
  12. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Hey msavage, actually Nathy's formula works. If I take the ((($total_amount-$1 for each ACRU)/2)+$25 for each ACRU), I come very close to my Dashboard. My Dashboard is showing $83.35 YTD. My Transactions show $117.56, which includes 1 ACRU. So here's the formula:

($117.56-1/2) = $58.28 + $25 = $83.28 (that's only off by .07cents)

If this is really true, then EPN's reporting is crap. We shouldn't have to do all this manual work!!! :mad:

mcmuney, May 2, 2008 IP
  13. msavage

msavage Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried the formula but it doesn't work for me - it's actually lower than my dashboard amount but closer than plugging in $25 for each ACRU. It's really difficult to know what EPN is doing here but since it works for you then maybe the formula's correct. It's very lame for EPN to give us a transaction spreadsheet that doesn't tie to the dashboard.

msavage, May 2, 2008 IP