1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another possibly good idea

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by phree_radical, Mar 30, 2006.

Suppose I started a website where adsense publishers sign up to post data about what the AdSense for Search units they have published will be targeted toward. AdWords Advertisers can then use this information to create ads that adhere directly to the particular need.

Theoretical example.. my small site about Tetris Attack clones doesn't carry the full array of links to different places you can go to play the clone called Cosmic Switch, so it informs the viewer that he or she must search elsewhere for "Cosmic Switch," and it would have my AdSense for Search unit adjacent to that. Then, I theoretically join said website so that AdWords advertisers can browse my directed keywords... and choose to design ad units aimed at those specific keywords.

I'm wondering if this would be legal! If so, then... wouldn't it naturally benefit both publishers and advertisers?

phree_radical, Mar 30, 2006 IP
    forumbulge likes this.
  2. axewater

axewater Peon

Best Answers:
    So you are basically asking your users to use the search box ? I'm not sure if that's allowed. You're not allowed to ask them to click your ads ... so I would think the same goes for your search ...

axewater, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  3. Kuraptka

Kuraptka Peon

Best Answers:
    Blingo gives you incentives to use their search box. Why are they allowed to do it and others can't?

Kuraptka, Mar 31, 2006 IP