1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stumble upon traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pixeladd, May 2, 2008.

I get alot of traffic from stumble but never any clicks or other pages viewed
    My site is very niche specific(see sig)
    Does anyone have any tips for making the most of this traffic or improving it

thanx

pixeladd, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    stumble traffic is like a tiny "tip" for a site and never should be a major basis your site depends upon.
    just keep in mind that stumble people actually have no real precise goal in life, thatŝ why there surfing is like a lottery - a random page ....... who really wants to read and BE a random page ....

put yourself into the situation of a person who stumbles - a person who has nothing PRECISE to do, no precise work to complete, just sitting in front of computer and playing roulette hoping for a hit - a jackpot or something similar.

the real readers, those who bookmark your site, those who read, re-read, click on additional pages, come back or even order, are those who SEARCH and FIND you as a result of their unfulfilled NEED they try to feed by searching for the RIGHT and matching resource.

I have stumble traffic but compared to G and all other SE traffic its tiny. I focus on SEO, on creating or improving unique content - that brings lots more new visitors and satisfaction than stumbleupon traffic ever can do.

hans, May 2, 2008 IP
    cchetanonline likes this.
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You already know traffic from SU does not convert well. I would suggest trying other marketing methods.

webcosmo, May 2, 2008 IP
    cchetanonline likes this.
  4. Possibility

Possibility Peon

Best Answers:
    I consider SU traffic like traffic from Digg. Nice for stats, and little else.

Possibility, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic from StumbleUpon is like automated traffic. You will not see any good changes in your earning from such traffic.

And I guess you can't do much to improve your earnings from this traffic.

Try to get traffic from search engines.

angilina, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    SU traffic is untargetted and doesn't convert. I'm using it a lot but I fail to see what I'm gaining from it.

PlateFish, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    su traffic sucks for me too,i get 100 visits from google and other sources with a bounce rate of 60 something percent and the minute my post is stumbled i get 100 more visitors and my bounce rate is 80 somethin percent, the crazy thing is some (like problogger) say that su traffic has a better bounce rate than digg!!50 percent!! can u believe that?!i guess the popularity and importance of your site counts too..

Luq, May 2, 2008 IP
  8. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is like pretty window dressing. It looks great when you see the stats but it is useless for anything else. I was banned a few weeks ago from Stumble Upon and I have much less traffic but my earnings have increased since that point.

Basically I learned that I was wasting my time stumbling all my posts when it was just running up my bandwidth. I say spend your time building solid back links and doing SEO and not worry about Stumble Upon or like sites. Traffic is important but not if it is just a click through.

allout, May 2, 2008 IP
  9. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SU traffic never converts

sultanofseo, May 2, 2008 IP
  10. cchetanonline

cchetanonline Banned

Best Answers:
    Stumble upon traffic can be used with CPM ads to convert

cchetanonline, May 2, 2008 IP
  11. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Word.

Also, get a couple thousand friends on Digg (hehe) and that will generate a whole lot more traffic than SU and it'll be hella more targeted.

lemonarian, May 2, 2008 IP
  12. Marketeador

Marketeador Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I ve "stumbled" with the same problems. For some sites it works for some, not. I get good results when I post something related to popular news or topics with contextual advertising.

Marketeador, May 2, 2008 IP
  13. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    The StumbleUpon traffic while easy to get is just a crap. It's not targeted, visitors won't care to check the rest of your site and won't click either. I don't even stumble my URLs anymore since the StumbleUpon links are NoFollow.

zexy, May 2, 2008 IP