1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dominating your market with EzineArticles.com

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by PlateFish, May 1, 2008.

I've just started up a campaign to create articles at www.ezinearticles.com about as many uncompetetive search phrases. I have a poker related website and so I have searched for all the relevant uncompetetive but highly searched terms such as "online strip poker" and "las vegas poker". Now that I'm busy writing articles about them and hoping to rank front page on google for those terms, I have a question:

Are the links in my signiture on my article at ezinearticles.com DOfollow or NOfollow?

PlateFish, May 1, 2008 IP
  2. Breakaway11

Breakaway11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are dofollow.... even i they were nofollow... if you write stuff people want to copy, then they'll post it on their page, with probably a dofollow link to you.

Breakaway11, May 1, 2008 IP
  3. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks breakaway. I'm trying to think of something VERY unique to write about poker. I would love it if anyone has any ideas, my brain is hurting :p

PlateFish, May 1, 2008 IP
  4. go85

go85 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good job, that is a good strategy to submit an article targeting keywords that you can dominate in to sites that already rank well and get good traffic. Benefits you in a number of ways.

go85, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    You are heading in the right direction your organic traffic will improve over time, the
    great thing about submitting articles is that you will get backlinks from other sites
    who use your articles on their page.

kingofsanda, May 1, 2008 IP
  6. zac439

zac439 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    goodluck on your campaign- let us know how it goes. I've always been too busy to give ezinearticles a go, so i'd be interested in seeing your results.

zac439, May 1, 2008 IP
  7. kentuckyslone

kentuckyslone Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with everyone that you are on the right track. I only submit articles to two places and one of them is Ezine Articles. Think about it, how often do you see an ezine article page come up in search results? I see it very often.

Just be careful as their is a fine line between using articles like this and building competition for your desired keywords. Ezine articles pages can outrank your own site really quick.

kentuckyslone, May 1, 2008 IP
  8. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your point if fine about outranking your own site :)
    but I guess you can avoid that by stricly avoiding to write about the exact same keyword/keyword combination as your site and still get relevant backlinks

example

you write an article about car tires
    and your site is about car airbags or car care and maintenance products

hence you title your article and focus on car tires - but within or end of that article you include a link to your car care products
    >> you still are relevant in your link strategy as the main keyword is car ...

or do I see this wrong ??

hans, May 1, 2008 IP
    kentuckyslone likes this.
  9. saint75

saint75 Active Member

Best Answers:
    EzineArticles.com is DOfollow.:DRanking is one thing converting the traffic is another.You might want to post your articles in your niche to related websites directly.There are poker websites who need exclusive articles from authors.An excellent way to get highly targeted and CONVERTING traffic from their pool.;)

saint75, May 1, 2008 IP
  10. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, your links will dofollow there. Great jobs :D

guniwan, May 2, 2008 IP
  11. LawnchairLarry

LawnchairLarry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Who cares if the outbound links are dofollow or nofollow?! It's not the link-juice one should be after, it's the benefit of having full control over both the body text and the anchor text of the outbound links from a reputable website pointing to your website! Submitting an article to article directories provides you with the opportunity to fully control the link-popularity of a one-way link! The Google PageRank of the vast majority of the articles on Ezine Articles is very low anyhow, making the increase in the Google PageRank of your website minimal and not worth striving for. Even if the outbound links pointing to your website were nofollow links, your website would still get a better search-engine ranking for the keywords in the anchor text of your article. Do keep in mind what Kentuckyslone and Hans mentioned.

LawnchairLarry, May 2, 2008 IP
  12. tdd1984

tdd1984 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'd be better checking out http://www.contextual-style.com

tdd1984, May 3, 2008 IP
  13. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    ezinearticles is the best around at what it does, but personally I would stick with blogging, it's far more effective, takes less time and you hit a more targetted audience.

I've written over 500 high quality articles and used ezinearticles and 100's of other sites and the level of the traffic you get back is very poor, for the time committment

lightlysalted, May 4, 2008 IP
  14. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    zexy, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lightlysalted

I fully agree with your blogging in favor of article submission.
    if you write 500 good articles in your own blog then you get up to 1000 or more uv/day and a lifetime of adsense
    and if the articles/topics are helpful or interesting or both, then you get other bloggers finding you via SE that eventually may link to your blog resulting in generic backlinks.

articles only are of SOME use if they actually are used by OTHER sites
    as long as they simply are stored on an article server they are of limited ( near zero value ) - just like capital being in a bank-account instead of being in actual use in your own business.

hans, May 4, 2008 IP
  16. SEOguy101

SEOguy101 Active Member

Best Answers:

Or you could get the best of both worlds by posting the articles in your blog first, waiting for Google to cache them, and than post the articles on the article directory websites. This was your site will have the "unique" article by Google's standards, but you will still get the benefit of all the backlinks from the various article directories.

SEOguy101, May 7, 2008 IP
  17. microtekblue

microtekblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but wont that create duplicate content?

eventually those pages would be penalized and then the links are gone too....

microtekblue, May 7, 2008 IP
  18. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as a real blogger BL is no issue
    quality unique content on a blog always brings you BLs - either from other bloggers commenting or linking to you or from the world in general.
    to submit to article site ....
    i would consider that as a sign of desperation
    like CNN publishing breaking news first in other small news channels just to attract the attention for their later real publication.

How little you or any blogger needs article submission sites ....
    how else could you explain that my rather small ( approx 10% (1500+ uv/d) of my sites traffic ) got a PR5 (previously 4) on recent PR update?
    besides all the normal professional means of submitting a blog/RSS to all specialized ping services/blog/RSS directories, I have done nothing at all beyond to get real SE based and subscriber based blog readers.

I belief strongly that unique content should stay on a unique site and that quality is all that is needed to make a blog strong and attractive.

hans, May 7, 2008 IP
  19. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    Amin to that :)!

But from time to time a published article elsewhere won't hurt...let's say you post on renown blogs (RWW, Techcrunch, whatever...)...that will ensure you a backlink (at least at RWW ensure me one).

mg1313, May 9, 2008 IP
  20. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    we apparently are of different opinion
    i write tech and other howtos - all on my site ( blog or site ) and in return I have specialized forums linking to these howtos .........
    bringing a valuable BL relevant to my topic PLUS bringing me some real traffic. some of these howtos bring more than 1000 uv/m just a single page.
    same applies to several of my topics.
    if you write good articles, specially solutions to common problems, then you get your BL PLUS traffic from other forums - much more traffic than I would ever get from my 2000+ sig links in DP forum!
    I simply belief that an author is liable / responsible for his content and thus NEEDS full control of his content. I do make corrections/updates where needed to keep the content valid. that never would be possible if posted on foreign sites.

foreign sites may be up NOW and gone next year and all your efforts gone as well ( incl your BLs )

my Yahoo site explorer says:
    Pages (3,408) | Inlinks (50,857) --- there is no single link link farming, just regular links
    I have far more pages but nevertheless, ...
    why in H would I want artificial BLs if I can have real BLs from sites linking to me for whatever reason they chose ?
    (some of them listed in Y may be gone - but many persist )

hans, May 9, 2008 IP