1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I feel like my resources are exhausted! Have any ideals?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bbrian017, May 1, 2008.

I’m the proud owner of http://www.blogengage.com/ and the site has been up now for about 6 months! Sitting at over 1800 members and 12,000 unique visitors a month I feel I have exhausted my resources for marketing my site to bloggers!

I have managed to advertise and promote and many major forums, social networks and Google ad words! I’m starting to run out of areas to promote and market my website!

I have used the following sites already as best as possible without spamming.

Mybloglog
    Blogcatalog
    Bloggeries
    Wtf
    Authortyblogger
    Digitapoint
    Ukwebmasterworld
    Iguides
    Digg
    entrecard <--- is awesome for me!

If you were in my situation, what would you do next to market blogengage?

Where would you focus your energy and how would you target new members or visitors?

My target market is bloggers and only bloggers so I would only be looking for methods of promotion in this area.

Thanks in advance

bbrian017, May 1, 2008 IP
  2. activebiz

activebiz Banned

Best Answers:
    You probably have done this but SEO'ing your blog would make a lot more traffic if done right.

activebiz, May 1, 2008 IP
  3. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a blog, it's a social networking website for bloggers! or are you referring to my blogengage blog?

bbrian017, May 1, 2008 IP
  4. PurplePeeps

PurplePeeps Peon

Best Answers:
    What are the benefits (to bloggers) of using your site?

ie what makes this different than any other social media site? Are there advanages to bloggers who use it?

Lump your response to that question into a video and post it on YouTube. Make it fun and engaging or link it to a contest or something...sounds like you have a decent base of traffic so a contest could work. Or at least show you truely how "engaged" your traffic actually is.

Can you hook your blog to BlogRush?

PurplePeeps, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. chickut

chickut Banned

Best Answers:
    Best of luck and your sources are never depleted...be creative. Give people incentives or whatever is necessary. I'm pretty sure you tried this but if you haven't then SEO your blog. GL

chickut, May 1, 2008 IP
  6. bbrian017

Best Answers:
    omg it's not a blog! it's like you guys aren't even reading the thread or visiting the site!

bbrian017, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. pedigreechump6

pedigreechump6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok so 1800 members, most of which I would guess are bloggers who are trying to self-market their own posts....that's a small % of the total bloggers in the world so you need to go where the bloggers are and grab them by the scruff of the neck and drag them to your site.

You have found some good places where bloggers hang out I see but if you have the budget and the courage I would aim for buying a sposnored post on JohnChow.com or Shoemoney.com simply because of the massive readership these blogs have. Almost all of their readers are site owners or bloggers looking to self-market their sites and blogengage lets them do that. Hence they will have no problems joining up and posting....if they know other social bookmarking sites like Digg well enough they will realise it is best to make friends and post wisely but watch out for the spammers.

Try and think of other places bloggers/blog readers like to hang out target them (i know this is vague advice but I can't think of more examples off the top of my head right now - sorry)

Hope this was of some use to you...

pedigreechump6, May 2, 2008 IP
  8. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ That's actually a great idea. Buy a sponsored review on a popular blog (like johnchow.com). It's $500 though, but that could bring some major traffic.

lemonarian, May 2, 2008 IP
  9. PurplePeeps

PurplePeeps Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude,

What are you talking about - 90% of my previous response had nothing to do with a blog, the blogrush comment was for you to put on the blog part of your site as another source of incoming traffic. You should think of (the blog part of your site) as another avenue to bring people to the Social Media part that you are so in love with.

I get it, it's a social media site and yes I visited it three times...but the problem your site has is STFW (So The F What) syndrome - there are a million social media sites out there, the question you need to be answering is what makes yours different and better than the others. If someone can't figure that out within the first 30 seconds of being there, then you have a marketing problem.

Show me why as a blogger I should hang out at your site! Besides the lure of traffic. If you can't do that then you are now the new proud owner of the Tower of Babel.

PurplePeeps, May 2, 2008 IP
  10. bbrian017

Best Answers:

PurplePeeps I wasn't referring to your comments!

Thanks for the advice but the last thing I'm doing is buying a 500 dollar add at john cow! I would rather purchase 50,000 entrecard credits LOL

bbrian017, May 2, 2008 IP
  11. Bonus4You.info

Bonus4You.info Peon

Best Answers:
    Try Google Adwords, focus on content network, low CPC , keywords as "blog" etc, you will get a lot of visitors

Bonus4You.info, May 2, 2008 IP