1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can some people do it? Experts have a look.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bubaipal, May 1, 2008.

Sorry if I am posting in wrong place. This looked the most relevant to me.

I have heard people generating 1000 hts a day within 1 week of launch of a site? how can they do it? Probably they are not listed even so early. Where does this traffic come from?:confused:

I saw SweetFunny saying that he set up a new sit and within 14 days in was earning 5$/day. Atleast 500 hits are needed for this. How can someone get somany hits so early. I am not calling him liar. I believe what he said but how he does it is a puzzle.:confused:

Also how does someone develop some 30-40k links in 1 month. Thats 1k link a day. How do they achieve it? Paid links, sitewide, submission???:confused:
    :confused:

bubaipal, May 1, 2008 IP
  2. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting and advertising that they are doing on other websites. Thats all it may just be heavily promoted :)

willyboy104, May 1, 2008 IP
  3. dtm32236

dtm32236 Guest

Best Answers:
    How 'good' are you with SEO? Read SEO tips/tutorial articles online - there's tons and tons of them.

Submit articles and press releases, submit to directories, write good articles, blog on your site, submit to social bookmarking sites, create RSS feeds, etc etc etc...

And good content - apparently people like what they read on SweetFunny's site, and it keeps them coming back. This guy created a great site with appealing content and he applied some really good SEO techniques to the site (or he just did some black hat seo work on the site).

As far as building 30-40,000 links in one month, I would not suggest even trying to do this. You can get penalized for this, as it looks like a scheme. No one gains 1000 links a day (I could be wrong though). I'd like to hear thoughts on this...

dtm32236, May 1, 2008 IP
    bubaipal likes this.
  4. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:

I think I have learnt quite a bit of SEO.
    On your comment I have something to say.
    Within 2 weeks as Sweetfunny says does article, directory, pr bring any traffic.
    If not much traffic then whats the use of bookmarks.
    Without initial traffic what is the role of rss?
    SEO is optimization of SE. i don't think SE gives much traffic so early.

But yes, good content matters.

Am I wrong. Please rectify.

Please someone tell sweetfunny to have a look here.
    Thans for your post. Rep added.:)

bubaipal, May 1, 2008 IP
  5. YesBrilliant

YesBrilliant Peon

Best Answers:
    Not necessarily. One of my sites is making $15 a day with 100 visitors daily, in other words 3 times more revenue with one fifth of the traffic. And it is just one page.
    Basically, you need:
    - Qualified traffic (because of good content and SEO, again one page)
    - Good ad placement (just 2 ads)
    - Block low paying/MFA advertisers

Again, not necessarily. CNN, NY Times, MSN... all get 1,000's of links a day or so and they are never penalised.

Why?

Because links come from different sources: IP's, blogs, sites, directories, cities, countries, site owners...

YesBrilliant, May 1, 2008 IP
  6. dtm32236

dtm32236 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the rep!

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

...true, you make a good point

Search engines will index your site rather quickly if you're able to build links immediately, especially if they're from high authority sites (which I'm still unsure of how to get BLs from). In additions to my previous suggestions, I would keep the link in your signature, and post on other 'dofollow' forums, not just this one. I'd also look into AdWords if you have the budget for it. As AdWords works almost immediately, you'll see the results pretty quickly.

dtm32236, May 1, 2008 IP
  7. dtm32236

dtm32236 Guest

Best Answers:
    good point...

So does google ever penalize for building a large number of links in a short period of time? I though I read that here before (it would make sense too, sort of)...

dtm32236, May 1, 2008 IP
  8. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Advertising $$$ spend to make other $$$$

w3bmaster, May 1, 2008 IP
  9. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    'm not sure what you mean by this..."

Sorry for bad english. I just wrote it unattentively. I meant to say that within 2 weeks of setting up a site, even if you do article submission, directory submission will this bring any traffic?

bubaipal, May 1, 2008 IP
  10. mjereb2

mjereb2 Peon

Best Answers:
    bubaipal: a hint - buy yourself a business suit.

From my point of view. Web success is 60% offline and 40% online promotion. Where do you think people first hear for Bebo, Facebook, eBay? Offline media, believe me. And this is called Public Relations, which goes hand in hand with Networking - connecting with people.

mjereb2, May 1, 2008 IP
  11. dtm32236

dtm32236 Guest

Best Answers:
    well, if you do it correctly, sure.

If you submit articles to sites with a tight niche, you'll get more click than submitting them to a general article site... the same goes for directories.

If you have a site about furniture, try to find furniture directories to submit to. That way, if anyone finds your link and clicks it, you know that they were interested in furniture in the first place.

I think that a lot of it has to do with marketing your site to the proper target audience, and a great way to do this on the web is to do a lot of your link building within your niche.

This will attract customers that are interested in your site, and provided good content, you will have many returning visitors in no time.

dtm32236, May 1, 2008 IP
  12. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is not going to get you traffic in 7 days. Good SEO takes months to pay off but it can be a fantastic investment.

Most of the people that boast about huge instant traffic are:

a. lying
    b. buying crap traffic
    c. spamming social networking and getting low quality visitors

It is true with a big advertising budget you can bring in traffic quickly but it will cost you $100's of dollars a week.

If you are serious about building up a successful website long-term then you should find a good SEO company and hire them.

good luck

jg123, May 1, 2008 IP
  13. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    easiest way to get that much traffic is by networking with other sites (could be your own site network in the similar niche), PPC campaign or other form of paid traffic, social bookmarking sites, etc. i have seen lof of new sites coming up and spamming the hell out of the SB sites. every single post they make on their blog, they submit to digg and other social media. you can get lot of traffic like that but thats short term play, you don't gain credibility or long term traffic this way.

sultanofseo, May 1, 2008 IP
  14. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You also risk getting banned from those sites and being listed as a spammer. Everyone likes quick results but history has proven that paced and steady wins most long races.

jg123, May 1, 2008 IP
  15. Moin.Anjum

Moin.Anjum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me post what I confronted from Day of blogging!

I received around 50 to 70k visitors in my first month (I have my analytics to prove it) but no, it was not search engine, UV = yes but they were all SU + Social Networking websites. Did they convert into people that actually are good for my blog? Ads clicking and everything? NO! Why? Advertising = 90% - SEO = 10% or less (In learning phase) -

This is my 4th month, I've read a lot and improvised! I'm not getting 70K visitors after 3 months. I AM getting a lot of Unique hits BUT from search engines. I've managed to convert those visitors from social networking sites to google / search engines.. which helped me achieve a good PR & good SERP.

Traffic itself doesn't help you make money but "GOOD" traffic does!

Moin.Anjum, May 1, 2008 IP
  16. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all.

bubaipal, May 1, 2008 IP
  17. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    To put my post in context, i spent an afternoon building and promoting the site and that's it.. It's 16 days since creating it and it's earnt $8.31 today with half an hour before end of Adsense daily stats.

It was to highlight how easy it is to earn with Adsense if you know how to optimize websites. The site isn't an important one, it's just a domain that instead of parking i made a basic site and gave it a push in the right direction.

Have a read of my SERP Domination thread where i outlined how it's possible to achieve 4,785 page #1 rankings in 14 days. This went on and amounted to 63,338 Page #1 Rankings in 5 weeks and snowballed from there.

This isn't 63,000 visitors, it's 63,000 unique search terms so it amounted to quite a bit of traffic. If you experiment with this technique, you will earn quite well.

sweetfunny, May 1, 2008 IP
  18. bubaipal

bubaipal Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks sweetfunny for having a look. Great post theone you reffered to.

bubaipal, May 2, 2008 IP
  19. sudden.emptiness

sudden.emptiness Banned

Best Answers:
    wow impressive such an intellectual discussion you guys are having...

sudden.emptiness, May 2, 2008 IP
  20. sweetfunny

sweetfunny Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes raking in long tail traffic is very easy once you get the hang of it. As the post will show you can get a million unique visitors a month without even fighting it out for highly competative terms, the biggest thing is lots of content to pull in traffic.

sweetfunny, May 2, 2008 IP