1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PR update ... how has it affected your co-op sites?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by skattabrain, Jan 2, 2005.

1. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    I keep trying to convince myself and believe that PR is just for entertainment purposes and doesn't mean very much but have a hard time since, at least for my KW's, I have comparable number of links, KW density, prominence, allin results, etc. as the top 10 sites but can't get above 20 or 40 in the SERPS. The only noticible difference I can see is the top 10 sites are all PR5 and PR6 while I'm sitting at PR4 after the update. I'm sure there are many factors involved but at least in my case it seems that PR does play at least some role in the SERPS. Possibly a significant one.

lowrider14044, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  2. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    I had been in the same situation as well. Recently, I had a huge climb in SERPs all the way to page 1. During the recent update my PR went from 2 to 4. A backlink update was also made and I was surprised to see my backlinks increase by a factor of 7. My indexed pages have also steadily increased.

I have to agree with others that I think Google has a behind the scenes PR for every site that is constantly updated. The toolbar PR is a kind of reflection of that but it really has no bearing on SERPs in and of itself.

For my site, backlinks appear to be what has caused my recent rise in SERPs. I credit coop with that. I would concentrate more on backlinks.

Spacen, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  3. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    pr is a major pain in the a**, so many wont trade links until that stupid bar goes green. that said, it's obviuosly a big deal for co-op weight issues, that's why i asked.

skattabrain, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  4. jontelofot

jontelofot Peon

Best Answers:
    The index of my site went from a PR5 to a PR6 this update and I now have 25 additional PR5 subpages.

However, my site only climbed from 67K to 81K in weight!

So, my site went from a PR5 with some PR4 subpages to a PR6 with a bunch of PR5 subpages, and all I got for it was a 21% increase in weight although I'm clearly bringing alot more to the network than before...

I hope the maximum weight cap will be reworked soon!
    It's not exactly fair that a site PR6 site with 460000 indexed pages only get 20% more weight than a PR5 with 30000 pages.

Don't get me wrong Shawn, it's a great network, but it's not perfect... yet!

jontelofot, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a PR0 site go to PR5. From what I can tell, all the links to the site are from the network. I haven't really done any other promotion of the site besides the coop network.

Weight pointed at the site would have varied...3,000 - 5,000 would have been the "average".

GuyFromChicago, Jan 3, 2005 IP