1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Ranking Help

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by adamjthompson, Mar 30, 2006.

Hey guys.

A couple months, my site (glyconutrients-online.com) was #1 on Yahoo for "glyconutrients". It has been slowly falling back and is now #6. I've tried tweaking the content, and am building links, but no go...it's still falling in the rankings.

I'm at a loss as to how to get it climbing again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Adam

adamjthompson, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Mong, Mar 30, 2006 IP
    adamjthompson likes this.
  3. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't see any links back to your homepage from any inner pages,. I'd put a nofollow on you're contact page, since their's no content there. I'd run h2 tags instead of using bold fonts for each of the subsections on your pages, and use the primary keywords on each page in bold 1 time.

It may help you to redesign you're site using css for at least the styling, it would probably reduce you're page size by 1/3. Get as many of the stop words from you're page title, and mirror you're page title to your h1.

More pages too! It would really help if you had more pages of content, and each focusing on 1 specific search term than trying to make a few pages rank for alot of terms. I'd also try adding an RSS page with "glyconutrients" news , something that updates multiple times a day will help add freshness to your site and may increase spidering and rankings.

Also your site is REALLY slow to load because of that popup on the homepage.

Really, other than those little things you're site is optimized on page pretty well. The only other thing that could help would be more content pages, all with backlinks to you're homepage for "glyconutrients". At least get the pages you have pointing back with that keyword. Maybe even put it at the top of the page in a heading tag (h3 unless you want to possiblly dilute all the other pages with a sitewide h1 pointing back home with that keyword).

mdvaldosta, Mar 30, 2006 IP
    adamjthompson likes this.
  4. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you both so much for your help! Should I add a seperate RSS page, or add the RSS feed to my homepage?

Thanks!

adamjthompson, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  5. drgreen

drgreen Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post, thanks all :)

drgreen, Mar 31, 2006 IP