1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

C programming project can earn by adsense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Malatya, Apr 30, 2008.

Hi my dear friends.At university we have C programming and the teacher has his own notes about this.Also his document is unique.So he can share them and i will talk him about this.I want to make a c programming site.The content include lessons, examples and exams (also solitions). Most important thing is content is unique and i (and my friends) will update it.So i have questions
    1)Can i get good money by this, because c programming is not the star of advertise.) Anybody has any experience.

2)What must i use? I am planning a static html for lessons and wordpress for other things.Or i have to use a forum? a vbulletin or phpbb?

3)I focus on C and get a domain for it or make a general programming site.I am planning target the C, and only write about it.This is a disadvantage? Niche or general?

Thanks for reading and your time.If anyone has a programming site , would be great.)

Malatya, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  2. moinuddin102

moinuddin102 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. you can get some good money with adsense advertise. but some advertisement & some time need for making a popular site, when you have some unique & good content.
    2. Wordpress (best) or any other cms, you can use. try to use seo friendly links. & forum for background, as a supporting role. try PHPBB, cause free. vB is good, but really costly. But I recommend for SMF for forum, best from my opinion.
    3. Give main focus in C programming, cause that is your target. & also provide help for other programming, that will help your site fast.

moinuddin102, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    Malatya likes this.
  3. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can earn money with any Niche.

All you need is traffic.

Traffic = $$$

"2)What must i use? I am planning a static html for lessons and wordpress for other things.Or i have to use a forum? a vbulletin or phpbb?"

I suggest a html site + and you can add a wordpress blog.

angilina, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    Malatya likes this.
  4. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    My dear friend, i can ready for promotion.I mean, i give lots of time to net.So i can spend them on my project.Wordpress is nice and ready for seo i know, but the lesson consept? Maybe a clean css design will be good for lesson side, and i use blog for interactive side.

Then, if it goos good, i can install a forum like phpbb.Smf is good i know but phpbb looks better(theme) .Maybe if i found a good skin for smf i will use it.I do not know, how is smf good or not on adsense.

I will focus C and also give some info on others.Good point.Thanks.

Traffic.) I like the way it sounds.) Then i have to change the question, this concept can get traffic? I work for it and i really like C, this not all about money.So i work via love.But i want to make money also, because i am 10 years old webmaster and i really want a good project.I do not want to buy a car by adsense.) but after 10 years i have to make some money.If i can, i ll spend the money for my other projects.

html + wordpress , yes , i think i will do this.

----
    At the and, i am from Turkey and i have some problems with English my friend.I cant explain well.Lets give some detail because you are right, if somebody reads this, he/she can think like this.

I am a webmaster since 10 years and first learn pascal as a programing language 8 years ago.Then i study on Basic, Delphi, Java etc. After some years i want to learn html.After that i want some dynamic content and see some examples asp, php.Know i am good on php. I like programming so i work on them hard. Since 2 years i am learning C at University.Yes i am not an expert on C but i know most of things about coding.So, only the commands change.)

Thanks both for your valuable time and comments. +rep given

Malatya, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. Timby

Timby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good C site is a great idea, often it is hard to find one site with a lot of C information. There are a few forums and such that you will have to compete with, but if you have good information there is no reason you can't be successful!

Timby, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. uski

uski Peon

Best Answers:
    It might be nice to apply for the Amazon affiliate program and to provide review of books about C for beginners and more advanced users.

The problem with that niche is that a few users are going to buy something when they are on a page which speaks about programming. As a result, advertisers don't pay much. Hence, you have to be more "direct" and aggressive in your advertising. By aggressive I don't mean that you have to throw ads in the face of the users; I mean that you have to do the sale of a product yourself, and not only rely on the ads to do that. And a very good way to do that in your niche is to review books and also paid programming software.

You can also offer a referral link for security programs; I think that Keyloq offers a referral thing in Google AdSense and that can be of some interest to some of your readers.

As usual... advertising is not only throwing Google Ads on a website. You have to optimize the ads position to your website, make them so that the user actually wants to read them, and once you've done that you have to optimize the ads themselves. As you have no control over this (apart from the keywords and section targeting), the best is to rotate the Google Ads with referral offers and ultimately keep the type of ad that performs the most (ideally you'd have a granularity down to each page - some pages might be very good for a given referral)

Hope this helps.

uski, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. Malatya

Malatya Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very helpful and really thanks my friend.You give tons of time to reply.I like C and programming but i think i have to find more interesting think to earn money.Because if you give time, then you have to get money i think.

Anyway, i will make a site about C, one day it comes.)

Malatya, Sep 2, 2008 IP