1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Halal And Kosher Should Be Illegal

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Apr 30, 2008.

The method of slaughter for Halal And Kosher meat should be illegal in every country which cares even slightly about the conditions in a slaughter house and the suffering of animals killed for food.

When an animal is killed in a way which makes it Halal or Kosher the animals suffer greatly as these traditions require the animals to be killed with a single cut to the throat and left to bleed to death. usually in western countries animals are killed or rendered unconscious by a massive blow to the head with a bolt, And then killed.

Of course, Rabbis and Imams disagree that this method of slaughter is immoral (well they will wont they), But the Farm Animal Welfare Council, A council which advises the government, Have previously expressed concern regarding this primitive, Barbaric method of slaughter.

stOx, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    MyFlash13 likes this.
  2. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    Islamic slaughter of Animals is the most humain way of killing, it cuts the nerve first so the Animal dosent feel any pain, which is why it twitches alot.

sweetsara, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It only severs the arteries, Not "the nerve" (whatever that is). your claim is not backed by any evidence or any facts, it's simply a random lie to try and justify this barbaric practice.

The FAWC found it takes adult cattle 40 seconds to die and calves up to 2 minutes, These animals are fully conscious and fully aware during the time they are bleeding to death. it is simply impossible for this to be more humane than rendering it unconscious before slaughter.

stOx, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  4. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If they did severe the nerves that would be a humane way. Do you have any information on that?

wisdomtool, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  5. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    makes me wish i was a vegetarian:(. One day i will probably be one.
    No animal deserves to be brutalized or put through that kind of pain.

pingpong123, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  6. romeo2010

romeo2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    stOx to be honest you have nothing better to do in you life then hating stuff....

humans are killing humans.. you have no worry about that but you worry about something thats is totally perfect in multi-culture...

keep your mind open and don't be racist to Islamic religion..

when a machine destroying an animal you have no problem... but when a human cutting chicken you have something against that... seriously what you people actually think? science? or GOD?

spend your quality of time on how to save human beings from drugs and all the sever illegal activity then about cutting a chicken....

romeo2010, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  7. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Human beings have to eat, the main point is to let the animals suffer as little as possible. If they severe the nerve especially the central nervous system, basically the animal is totally paralyzed and would not feel the pain.

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm with you, it's cruel.

Rebecca, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I oppose both unnecessary cruelty to animals AND people killing each other. It is possible to oppose two unrelated things you know.

Islam isn't a race.

What are you talking about?

I would appreciate it if you stop telling me what you think i believe and stick to only what i write.

stOx, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  10. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    Question:

Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?

Answer:

The Islamic method of slaughtering animals, known as Zabiha has been the object of much criticism from a large number of people.

Before I reply to the question, let me relate an incidence about a discussion between a Sikh and a Muslim regarding animal slaughter.

Once a Sikh asked a Muslim, "Why do you slaughter the animal painfully by cutting the throat instead of the way we do with one stroke i.e. jhatka?" The Muslim replied "We are brave and courageous and attack from the front. We are marad ka baccha (macho men), you are cowards and attack from behind".

Jokes apart, one may consider the following points, which prove that the Zabiha method is not only humane but also scientifically the best:

1. Islamic method of slaughtering animal

Zakkaytum is a verb derived from the root word Zakah (to purify). Its infinitive is Tazkiyah which means purification. The Islamic mode of slaughtering an animal requires the following conditions to be met:

a. Animal should be slaughtered with sharp object (knife)

The animal has to be slaughtered with a sharp object (knife) and in a fast way so that the pain of slaughter is minimised.

b. Cut wind pipe, throat and vessels of neck

Zabiha is an Arabic word which means ‘slaughtered’. The ‘slaughtering’ is to be done by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord.

c. Blood should be drained

The blood has to be drained completely before the head is removed. The purpose is to drain out most of the blood which would serve as a good culture medium for micro organisms. The spinal cord must not be cut because the nerve fibres to the heart could be damaged during the process causing cardiac arrest, stagnating the blood in the blood vessels.

2. Blood is a good medium for germs and bacteria

Blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. Therefore the Muslim way of slaughtering is more hygienic as most of the blood containing germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. that are the cause of several diseases are eliminated.

3. Meat remains fresh for a longer time

Meat slaughtered by Islamic way remains fresh for a longer time due to deficiency of blood in the meat as compared to other methods of slaughtering.

4. Animal does not feel pain

The swift cutting of vessels of the neck disconnects the flow of blood to the nerve of the brain responsible for pain. Thus the animal does not feel pain. While dying, the animal struggles, writhers, shakes and kicks, not due to pain, but due to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles defecient in blood and due to the flow of blood out of the body.

http://www.irf.net/irf/faqonislam/index.htm

There you go StOx, try not to speak with authority on things you have no idea about ;).

11. romeo2010

romeo2010 Peon

Best Answers:

My Dear friend.. in a discussion forum we are allow to replay about someone else post....you might not be agree to what i say...but same thing goes for myself about what you say.......this is why we express our understanding .

In the past how were cutting the animals?? with a knife isn't?

just be vegetarian as someone suggested earlier... it will clear up your mind

romeo2010, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We're a race that bombs each other and brutalizes one another with war and economic coercion.

And our first objective is to stop Halal and Kosher? :confused: :rolleyes:

guerilla, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  13. ziya

ziya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How does it come "blow to the head with a bolt And then killed" not barbaric , but other method is barbaric ?

ziya, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  14. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    they die in about one minute or two so I don't see what's the big deal about it. I think what the spaniards are doing to bulls is much worse than this

iul, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can disagree with me, But you can't assume you know what i believe when it comes to unrelated matters. For example, You can't assume "humans are killing humans.. you have no worry about that" and you can't assume "when a machine destroying an animal you have no problem". These are assumptions made by you which have no basis in reality and no basis in fact.

In other words, Stop making shit up you liar.

And to everyone else trying to justify the slaughter of animals in painful and barbaric ways, It's more humane to render them unconscious before cutting their throat. That is a fact, regardless what your 1500 year old book says.

stOx, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    IMHO it seemed that those who disagree with you are branded liars. While I respect your beliefs or non beliefs, I hope you can do that for the rest of us. Especially for Halai and Kosher, the severe the nerves before killing and you just jumped into conclusion that they are dying a painful death etc. I do not think Mcdonalds treat their chicken well too despite them being non halah and non kosher and also the cows in USA are treated kindly when being led to their slaughter.

17. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:

4. Animal does not feel pain

The swift cutting of vessels of the neck disconnects the flow of blood to the nerve of the brain responsible for pain. Thus the animal does not feel pain. While dying, the animal struggles, writhers, shakes and kicks, not due to pain, but due to the contraction and relaxation of the muscles defecient in blood and due to the flow of blood out of the body.

2. Blood is a good medium for germs and bacteria

Blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. Therefore the Muslim way of slaughtering is more hygienic as most of the blood containing germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. that are the cause of several diseases are eliminated.

18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can bold it all you like. The fact is having your throat cut hurts, It is distressing and it takes a long time to kill you.

Answer this simple question. If you were being killed would you;
    a) want to have you throat cut and bleed to death over the course of a minute, or
    b) be rendered unconscious and then have you throat cut.

stOx, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  19. sweetsara

sweetsara Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, the western method is much more painful, and the Islamic method is not painful at all, lets look at the facts.

Western Method:

Using the Western method, the animals were apparently unconscious after stunning, and this method of dispatch would appear to be much more peaceful for the onlooker. However, the EEG readings indicated severe pain immediately after stunning. Whereas in the first example, the animal ceases to feel pain due to the brain starvation of blood and oxygen – a brain death, to put it in laymen’s terms – the second example first causes a stoppage of the heart whilst the animal still feels pain. However, there are no unsightly convulsions, which not only means that there is more blood retention in the meat, but also that this method lends itself much more conveniently to the efficiency demands of modern mass slaughter procedures. It is so much easier to dispatch an animal on the conveyor belt, if it does not move.

Halal or Islamic Method:

With the halal method of slaughter, there was not change in the EEG graph for the first three seconds after the incision was made, indicating that the animal did not feel any pain from the cut itself. This is not surprising. Often, if we cut ourselves with a sharp implement, we do not notice until some time later. The following three seconds were characterised by a condition of deep sleep-like unconciousness brought about by the draining of large quantities of blood from the body. Thereafter the EEG recorded a zero reading, indicating no pain at all, yet at that time the heart was still beating and the body convulsing vigorously as a reflex reaction of the spinal cord. It is this phase which is most unpleasant to onlookers who are falsely convinced that the animal suffers whilst its brain does actually no longer record any sensual messages.

http://www.mustaqim.co.uk/halal.htm

I know you have a severe hate for Islam and anything to do with it, but I hope you can accept on this occasion you were wrong and we can move on :)

20. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    Both ways hurt

a) want to have you throat cut and bleed to death over the course of a minute,
    (it is painful to have your throat cut)
    b) be rendered unconscious and then have you throat cut.
    (it is painful for you to be rendered unconscious)

Halal, Kosher or Atheist or Western ways of killing an animal hurts them no matter what. If Halal and Kosher be illegal, let the rest of the modern abattoirs be illegal as well and humans can only consume animals that die a natural death.