1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$10 a gallon gas?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by locpicker, Apr 29, 2008.

1. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $200 per barrel is NOT a worst case scenario. It's not that far ahead, with China and India industries growing in the rate they are, it doesn't look like prices are going to stabilize any time soon. Some western countries are already at the $7-8 a gallon tag.

hextraordinary, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  2. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its almost $4 here in NYC, they said in the news that its going to grow to about $7/gallon by 2012. That is gonna suck.

redz, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  3. ЄxDeus™

ЄxDeus™ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup i read it was going to rise to 10$ whats rather crazy :p has no effect on me because i cant drive. Not sure how much our house hold pay =) i guess its rather alot because we have 4 cars :( and 3 of them get used every day.

ЄxDeus™, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  4. Jessica@GT

Jessica@GT Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd be investing in myself an all electric car. (Which I would like to get anyway.)
    If gas got that high here, I'd quit driving. Grab me a horse from some where & a buggy and be on my merry little way that way. $10 a gallon is rediculious.

Jessica@GT, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree ^.

Petrol / Gas here is presently Five Pounds 13 Pence a gallon (UK), convert that to US Dollars = $10.10

Just made a new thread about this subject, since diesel is now costing $11.35 a gallon, 80% of which is government tax.

Magawr, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  6. sminvestor

sminvestor Peon

Best Answers:
    Accountability is why we are in Iraq.
    Also do you seriously think if any terrorist organization started taking countries hostage in the middle east they wouldnt try to put an oil squeeze on us?

The war is for social stability, in which, oil plays a large part.

and who said I was talking to you?

sminvestor, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  7. sminvestor

sminvestor Peon

Best Answers:
    gas taxes are crap in the uk, your right.

sminvestor, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  8. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not only in the UK, many places have very high tax on gas :mad:

hextraordinary, Apr 30, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.
  9. XonDemand

XonDemand Peon

Best Answers:
    we do not need as much oil as we use...

wow that is a high price for gas today

XonDemand, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  10. locpicker

locpicker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to saysomething about the monarchy. Seems to me that is what they have been trying to push on us for the last 8 years, or hasn't anyone noticed.

Where I live there are no buses and riding a bike is OK if you want to spend two days going to work and two days getting back home.

Give me the money and I will go buy the land to get the oil? You are a multi-millionaire - right?

I was not for the war in Iraq and I also signed the petition to get Bush kicked out. Did you?

Goverments taking over other countries? DUH. How much money did the US governemt spend to go into Iraq and are spending now to remain there? How much money is the nation going to make from their "oil deal"?

A bunch of other idiots based our economy on oil way before I was born. Glad to know that was my fault when I wasn't even born.

As far as extremes go the two sides of the coin are someone who controls everyone or no one controls anyone.

One of the things I have already been to school for is a Bachelors of Science in Security Technology and Management. And believe me I have a lot of expertise on the other side of the coin as well. So preach the anarchy and let it all fall down and I bet you will get to deal with me somewhere down the line. You might find that you liked the laws better after all. You see when there are no laws to be upheld I will be as free as you are.

locpicker, Sep 22, 2008 IP