1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can ping help to bring traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by yh1988, Apr 29, 2008.

I am not sure which section i should go for, because i can't find any section that related to traffic. That's why i am posting here. If there is any suitable section, just move it.

OK. Back to my question. Can ping help me to bring traffic to blog?
    ping service like pingoat.com, pingomatic.com and etc....

yh1988, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  2. guitarbinge

guitarbinge Peon

Best Answers:
    i always ping after a new blog post, but i've never noticed any extra traffic from the sites i pinged...

guitarbinge, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  3. internetmarketingbadger

internetmarketingbadger Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to make sure that your site has a feed. If you're using WordPress it comes with a built in feed. But if you have a regular html website you will need to create a simple one page feed. Then the pinging services, which notify blogging networks about your site updates, will view your site as being a blog and will treat it as a dynamic (changing) site. You just enter your full site url or the specific url of your feed at Pingoat, Pingomatic or Autopinger to ping each time you update your site with a new article or blog post.

When a site has a feed the search engines seem to favor it more. A feed is like a neon sign which says "Cool stuff is happening here!)

Pinging alone will help you get pages indexed more rapidly, and when they start showing up in the search engines, you'll get traffic. But you need to make sure you're using keywords properly. If you go after a vague keyword with huge competition (like "Weight loss) you won't see much traffic and Google will bury your new page in the back pages. Go after lower competition keyphrases, though, and pinging becomes a very powerful tool. It helps boost your new page's rank in the search engines quite nicely.

There are other cool things you can do with a feed, too, which if used in combination will really boost your indexing and your traffic.

Jennifer

internetmarketingbadger, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    It does help but make sure to use keywords in post to get traffic.

rcj662, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. anilg

anilg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah surely pinging help us in distributing our content as well as traffic to our websites. Some of top pinging services are available here

anilg, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  6. archer_07

archer_07 Guest

Best Answers:
    Same goes here.. It does not help me build a good traffic but it does help me in indexing my newly blog post in just a minute every time I ping it.

archer_07, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  7. seo_101

seo_101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ping is way of telling Search Engine that you made some update on your blog,.

seo_101, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  8. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Banned

Best Answers:
    You can ping many blog services to get noticed when you update your blog.

Hafsoh, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  9. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think just pinging is not going to help, you need to add a subscriber button on your site and valuable content to get thoughtful readers.

bobchrist, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  10. yh1988

yh1988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I bought a blog & ping automator..
    trying to ping my blog.
    Hope it is working......

yh1988, Apr 30, 2008 IP