1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO - Dummy Needs Advice!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jgriff225, Apr 29, 2008.

I am currently running my own football website but after 2 years i am getting extremely frustrated with the small about of traffic i receive from search engines.

My website reads like this in search engines:

Latest Football Results | Latest Football Scores | News - Fans-Zone.Latest Football Results | Latest Football Scores | News - Fans-Zone.
    www.fans-zone.co.uk/

Am i doing something wrong?

Seo is new to me and any advice would be appreciated.

jgriff225, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  2. abixalmon

abixalmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic = Uniqueness of the content!!! (looks like ur site is a RSS aggregator)

abixalmon, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  3. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you tell here what you have done in past with ur site then we can suggest something if you want to review your site then this is not a right place for post, you can post your site here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91
    anyway you said you are new in SEO so might be you choose wrong keywords for your site, by the way you are working on that site last 2 years and still you are new in SEO that's strange

Aryans, Apr 29, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  4. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly your title is too long, keep it short, sweet and straight to the point. Your title may look bettr in your description with a couple of tweaks.
    "Get the Latest Football Results, Latest Football Scores, News at Fan Zone, the number one stop for Football results."
    This is not amazing, but should just act as an example.

Also your meta keywords, this does not help search engine positioning no longer, however for the time it takes i would suggest doing it. I suggest you research 6-8 of your top keywords that you want to position well for and add them here.

You also want to try increasing the number of backlinks you have to your site, perhaps try link exchanges with websites with in the same niche.

This site may help inform you,

SEO Tutorials

willyboy104, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  5. EricBlackwell

EricBlackwell Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd take Aryans up on his advice...

Best;

Eric

EricBlackwell, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  6. jgriff225

jgriff225 Well-Known Member