1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you buy a domain for each offer?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by bon300187, Apr 23, 2008.

I've seen this being mentioned on a different thread buy I think it would be useful to have in it's own thread so it stands out.

This could save you a lot of time and money searching for the perfect domain name if you were to have one generic domain. Would you recieve any disadvantage in yahoo/google/msn if I did it this way?

Or should you buy a domain for each offer you plan on promoting and treat it totally seperate?

Richard

bon300187, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  2. rakeit

rakeit Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice post Richard I was just thinking this the other day.

If anyone of our more experienced members can chime in it would be nice.

As you know i am sure the domain bills can add up quickly,but then again a seperate domain must have some weight rather than sub domain/folder for the product offer.

what are members experiences and tips in this regard?

rakeit, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  3. bon300187

bon300187 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've actually been asking around another forum about this and the overall opinion was that a seperate domain for each offer performs better. I also think it would look better to the user, therefore Google will hopefully be more friendly with the site :)

The majority of people said that 95% of the time they get better results from using a seperate domain. I'm only just starting out so I'm going to test the waters with 1 domain and 1 offer, I can see what happens from there.

Regarding costs hopefully each campaign will be making more than the ppc cost and domain renewal. That's the plan anyway.

Richard

bon300187, Apr 25, 2008 IP
    argothiusz likes this.
  4. forelmashi

forelmashi Peon

Best Answers:
    domains cost nothing compared with ppc costs

forelmashi, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  5. rakeit

rakeit Guest

Best Answers:
    I think your last line of your thread you are right Richard.

The only other way would be a generic domain example bargain.com with the sub/folder hanging off it as you changed and chopped products here and there.
    I suppose trial and error with tracking is the best answer.

P.S i am more then sure if we were doing $1mil in turnover,we would not care for 1000 domains at $10 each or $20 with id hide
    Heck yeah i will spend $50 Grand yealy for domains in that case without a blink :)

There you go we sort of answered our own Questions in a sense Richard.

rakeit, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  6. argothiusz

argothiusz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Test the water to see if it actually converts plus not much competition. If everything works out, go for a domain. If you are new to affiliate marketing you probably give up on that affiliate and wasted money on domain if you see it converted well.

Also, like the above post stated. Domain cost is nothing really compare to how much you will have to spend for PPC. Don't think the domain cost as expense but rather investment :)

argothiusz, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  7. jasonbrown225

jasonbrown225 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, if you are worried about the cost of a domain you may be in for a little wakeup call.

I would highly recommend buying a new domain for each offer;)

jasonbrown225, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  8. ppcfool

ppcfool Active Member

Best Answers:
    having a generic domain for lots of offers can cost more in the long run...

think about it / if you're promoting insomnia cures and your domain is insomnia-cures.com ... google will raise your quality score and lower your costs.
    you will also get a higher CTR most likely and possibly higher conversion

compare that if you had used the domain great-offers.com

use the URL as a 4th line of ad ... put the keyword in there if possible it will raise your QS and CTR making both you and G happy.

ppcfool, Apr 30, 2008 IP