1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Worpress images Plugin

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Emperor, Mar 28, 2006.

I’m having yet another WP problem. I need an image plugin that enables me to upload images from my hardrive to WP so that I can insert them in posts. I’ve been over to WP image plugins list but there isn’t one that suits me.

Basically what I want is:

Upload image from hardrive
    Create image border
    Resize image size (DON’T WANT IMAGE THUMBNAILS)
    Word Wrap (Wrapping text around image)

In simple terms one that enables me to do the same as in blogspot. Please if you have any good plugins post the link so I can check it out.

Emperor, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  2. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    the word wrapping you can do in your style.css file. Something like this for the p.img class should work (add/replace what is listed in there with this):

float:left;
    padding:5px;
    border:1px solid #000;
    margin:0 1px 7px 0;

As for the other stuff, I haven't seen a plugin that will do exactly what you want to do. I think you can remove a lot of the formatting that WP2.x will put on the images, including the thumbnailing, by going into the source code of the post, from the post editor window, right before you publish it. If that makes sense.

chachi, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  3. vulcano

vulcano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Still running WP 1.52 using the WYSI-Wordpress plugin 3.1 from MudBomb, works fine for me for uploading, resizing, positioning, you have to play around with it. Did not find anything better, yet. A version for WP 2 is available.:D
    http://mudbomb.com/

vulcano, Mar 29, 2006 IP
    Emperor likes this.
  4. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks volcano I also found my way to that site. The problem is that it doesn't have found styles and sizes. I think WP is great but there are still many improvements needed, to be forced to add plugins for things like images and fonts in my perspective is just plain stupid.

I seriously doubt that I'll use WP on another blog.

Emperor, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Vulcano! Downloading that now :)

minstrel, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  6. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Well I wanted to say font styles & sizes. If anyone knows of yet another pluging feel free to enlighten us.

Emperor, Mar 30, 2006 IP