1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Parking, SEDO etc

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Kayz, Apr 25, 2008.

Hi ive seen many websites parked as oppose to be sitting there with a few google ads.

I have a few domains which i dont want to use, so instead im thinking of either parking them or populating them with a few articles and google ads.

Has anyone been having any success at all with Domain parking such as SEDO? Does SEDO pay well? Are they SEO'ed well at all?

Cheers

Kayz, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Depends if their traffic domains.

dcristo, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  3. siilinet

siilinet Peon

Best Answers:
    I did Sedo on march, month total was 196 but my account got cancelled due to they found the link on one of the site still was in process of transferring.
    this month on parked.com already recieved paypal for 390, then secondhalf already hit 390 as well. avg between 35 to 40 per day in clicks from one domain.
    I'm also experimenting with namedrive.com. for about week it's slow building.
    it's all up to what domain name you are parking make a difference.
    for me I have one adult domain that making lot of clicks. that site didn't succeed well so I moved it over, it's better parked than paying for the bandwidth, diskspace and buying traffic to get people to sign up for adult site. and actually was better turn around.

siilinet, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  4. Zwitterion

Zwitterion Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't understand why you got banned on sedo. Because I have a domain there

Zwitterion, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  5. Kayz

Kayz Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about for an e-commerce website where would you suggest it be parked for it to generate the maximum amount of revenue?

Kayz, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  6. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have many domains parked at Sedo, but do not earn much. Other methods of monetisation are better

dnk, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  7. siilinet

siilinet Peon

Best Answers:
    they have policy on the you can't put link and direct traffic from site you own. I had few that are in process of moving it and didn't realized I had link there (since owning too many domains didn't keep track on the links I put up)
    so lost that $ but made more at parked. so for my luck, I'm doing better parked than sedo.

8. siilinet

siilinet Peon

Best Answers:
    probably best to put few pages up and seo them to get traffic will work better for you.
    I parked petcarespace.com and ridecaredepot.com I do get visits but no clicks.

9. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    http://www.fka200.com/domai-parking

If you need any help, PM me and let me know. Currently helping about 4-5 people with domain parking ATM. *

* Half assed reply... will re-read the thread later. On my way to school!

Fka200, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  10. save

save Active Member

Best Answers:
    I never earned much there, often the payout per click is very low so that is why. They are fine for just selling your domains and parking before looking at other options.

save, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  11. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not if you have English traffic. There are much better parking providers then Sedo.

snowbird, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  12. dawggone

dawggone Peon

Best Answers:
    I was actually thinking about Sedo as well. I have a lot of sites at Parked and am happy with them but parking is not something you can just slap up and forget about it either so I'm thinking about moving the domain names I'm tired of and would just as soon unload to Sedo so I can hopefully sell them some day at least. (sorry that was a hopelessly run on sentence, talk about stream of consciousness...)

However now I'm worried about losing an account. What is this policy about links referenced by siilinet? Is it different than the one at most parking sites (like Parked?)?

dawggone, Apr 28, 2008 IP