Your Openion on PhpMyDirectory v10.x +wychmods or V11.x or custom

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by MightyMann, Dec 30, 2007.

Hi, am considering to start a Business listing web site, Phpmydirectory+ wychmods was my preffred choice, He got many useful modes such as
    user abilty to add category,
    higher member ability to list in more categories
    SEO, and
    addfileds,
    Appointment Request Form,
    Amazon like reviews etc.
    but his mods only support PMD up to ver 10.4

PMD company updated to ver 11.x and encoded there script, Any body here have experience here with v10 or v11 if they added all wych features into v11.x

OR they just added little eyecandy to v10 encoded it and called it V11.x So nobody but them can make or sell addons or to protect theft.

Is it worth it to use ver 11.x instead of v10.x+ wychmods

Your experience with these versions can help me decide which ver to use

OR third choice I should go for a total custom coded script beating PMD which will cost me 5 0r 10 times more but I can sell some copies !
    Please suggest your openion
    Thanks

MightyMann, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  2. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest going with the current version of phpmydirectory. Usually, newer versions are out because of bugs in older scripts. I'm putting together a site with the latest version and have found a lot of mods out there from other companies than wychmods. I mistakenly bought an article mod from them, and later found it didn't work with the new version of PMD, so it's useless to me. I have other good mods though like ajax tabs for the listings and a nice coupon mod.

you'll find that the support from PMD is excellent, so I'd really recommend them.

medicalhumor, Dec 31, 2007 IP
  3. MightyMann

MightyMann Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the experience. I think you are right. I hope the SEO and ability to rename or add fields is included in v11.

MightyMann, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  4. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is definitely included in the new version, and I think adding fields too, but not 100% positive.

medicalhumor, Jan 2, 2008 IP
  5. slimjim

slimjim Peon

Best Answers:
    Phpmydirectory is a great directory. I highly recommend them for SEO related business directory.

slimjim, Apr 25, 2008 IP