1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[WTB] PHP Server monitoring script

Discussion in 'Programming' started by GoglGourd, Apr 24, 2008.

Just looking for some quotes (in replies or via pm) for a complete server monitoring system:

- Users register and login
    - Users can either pay as they go or by subscription
    - User enters server details:
    *Server IP/Port (also offer a choice of web address with port 80 default)
    *Server name - this is just the name of the server to refer to in emails, if blank default as ip/port
    *Frequency of server checks - this can be 30secs (+£10/month), 1 minute (+£6/month), 2 minutes (+£4/month), 5 minutes (+£2/month) or 10 minutes (included in price), the payment system should handle this in subscriptions, even if the user has picked pay as you go
    *Email address - this will be emailed when there's downtime
    *Country - A select box of countries, when the user selects their country, the phone number box will have the initial country code added to it (javascript?)
    *Phone - The initial part of the number is entered (e.g. +44 uk, +1 USA)
    *Payment option - Payment via subscription or pay as you go, pricing should be easy to set in the php as plain variables​
    The user then proceeds to begin a paypal subscription or to credit their account (depending on their payment method choice), once payment is confirmed, the user should be emailed and the service should begin until the user is out of credit or cancels their subscription (warning emails should be sent when user is low on credit)
    - Script monitors the servers every X minutes (user sets this) using a cron run file
    - When the server goes down, the user is emailed which server has gone down and the time logged, when it comes back on the user is emailed again and the time logged if the user is on pay as you go, the user is charged X cents for the emails, if it's on subscription their account is logged as having had one downtime this subscription period. The times logged can be used to provide various statistics (avg uptime %, frequency of downtime .etC)
    - The user can login and view these statistics
    - A full admin suite with ability to delete records, ban users and check paypal transactions should be available and passworded

That's pretty much what I need- there may be one or two bits I've missed but nothing I can't sort myself after the initial bulk of the script is coded. All quotes and comments will be taken into consideration and I'm happy to reply to any questions.

Please MSN or email me at [​IMG]

Please check the scriptlance post also: https://www.scriptlance.com/cgi-bin/freelancers/buyers.cgi?manage_project=1209065453

GoglGourd, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  2. GoglGourd

GoglGourd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Still looking for anyone interested in this job! :)

GoglGourd, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  3. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just a heads up you ever seen cacti?

007c, Apr 25, 2008 IP
    GoglGourd likes this.
  4. GoglGourd

GoglGourd Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey thanks a lot, i've just had a look at that, seems an interesting piece of software, could perhaps get some ideas from it :p

thank you!

GoglGourd, Apr 25, 2008 IP