1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my Site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mental, Apr 25, 2008.

Alright, my site is webtacs dot net. I have been playing around with the coding of my site, and had made my own theme for the it too. I'd to know your opinions on the layout first and foremost.

My content is limited, but I would like to know your opinions on some of the articles as well.

Also, if you find some errors, typos, or what ever else post here. Every little bit of feedback helps. :)

| site |

Mental, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  2. Rachel Johnson

Rachel Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't get the site to come up. Is there a typo in your URL?

Rachel Johnson, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  3. sydneyaus

sydneyaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice design, quick loading and easy to navigate. Well done.

sydneyaus, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  4. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's my opinion.

I like the design (the colors and layout are good) and yes it does load fast. I really like those minimalist designs.

However (and this is what I would do but I'm not saying I'm right), I would scrap the google ad and adbrite ad on the home page and swap it with content. (I think those adbrite ads and any kind of flashing banner are not only annoying but reduce the professional appearance of a site.) I would want to create a better way to help your readers navigate through your site by providing more content that points them to other pages. This will increase pageviews. Once you get more traffic, then I would consider adding in a few smaller more subtle ad units.

Also, I wouldn't just provide the links like you do in your main column - I would provide descriptions as well. Also, I would try adding a few more keywords. Maybe something to do with web design instead of just using "webmaster".

MorgansMom, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  5. cybernetik

cybernetik Peon

Best Answers:
    nice site.....

cybernetik, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  6. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez you guys, think you can come up with something more constructive than "nice..." and "nice site..."? Way to pad your posts. They asked for a "review".

This crappy weather is making me grumpy. Sorry.

MorgansMom, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  7. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the site looks good, however, in the first 2 paragraphs it's somewhat difficult to read
    the text because the background color is almost the same color as the text.

kingofsanda, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  8. Mental

Mental Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry that was me testing it with some different colors. The area behind the text is back to just white. Also, just for the record, the site is twice as fast as before. Plus I think it looks better.

Mental, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  9. mg1313

mg1313 Peon

Best Answers:
    The light green of links on even lighter green on the background doesn't work too well...try to use for links the darker green you use where you have the ad on the right...

mg1313, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  10. PottingNoob

PottingNoob Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't like the links how they are italic and the shade of green would look better lighter, maybe even a different font, i don't know why but i just dislike the links when i see them.

PottingNoob, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  11. crawn

crawn Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, green color just good for the header.

crawn, Apr 26, 2008 IP