1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What happens if I click the ad on my site??

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by a3196, Dec 30, 2004.

Hi, Everyone,,,

I hope everyone had great 2004,

My questions is

1. What happens if I click the ad on my site??

Will I still get the money???

2. If one of my visitor click the ad about 1000times ???

Will I get the money or get panelized?? eventhough I didn't do anything..

a3196, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  2. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Others in the forum will have more experienced or educated answers than I can provide, but here are my thoughts:

Don't click your own ads unless you're truly interested in exploring the advertisers offering. Yes, if you do it only now and then, I'm pretty sure you'll get paid for it.

If some visitor (or visitor friend...) clicks the ad repeatedly, or repeatedly clicks ads on your site, chances are google is going to flag your account activity for review, and/or void those commissions.

if you want to stay in the game, play by the rules...

wkw, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Even if you are interested in the advertisers offering, the AdSense TOS specifically forbids it.

digitalpoint, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  4. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    after a while, you'll get used to it - not click your own ads.

dejaone, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  5. a3196

a3196 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes,,I never clicked on my ads,,and That was also my thought....

But I was just curious about,,this

If someone intensionally click repeatedly on competitor's ads to get their site banned from google,,, Is this possible???

Excuse my english..(I don't know if you guys understand my sentences,,,,)

Thanks for you guys' comments,.,,

a3196, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  6. wkw

wkw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it! (click the ads on your competitor's site(s)....)

wkw, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  7. ResearchTechs

ResearchTechs Peon

Best Answers:
    Google significantly lowers the value of each click from your website if a person clicks on more than one advertisement. It also will not count any ads clicked from an ip that is the same or very similar to the one that logs into the AdSense account. You will very likely get banned if you attempt to do that (click on your own ads). It's happened to plenty of people (plenty of people post to the forums asking what to do if they've been banned). Hope that helps and serves as a good warning. (And if you're contemplating clicking your ads from other computers, just don't. Google has a ton of information simply from your ip address and the address you gave them to send your check to and I'm sure they spot check accounts to compare these.) There have been people banned who swear they never clicked their own ads, but I'm convinced it's because the numbers looked especially fishy in the aforementioned

ResearchTechs, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  8. a3196

a3196 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehe,,,Ok,,, I will never ever click on Adsense,,,And never,,,

Thanks all you guys,,,
    Happy new year,,,

a3196, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  9. pentium9

pentium9 Peon

Best Answers:
    That makes no sense!!! bcos how can you control some people who are not always rational??? for instance someone is jealous with your site whatever the reason maybe! and he repeatlly click on your ads in order to get your account banned!

Is there anyway to prevent it from happening?

pentium9, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  10. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    What really makes no sense is trying to hurt someone’s account by sending money to it. I would like to have a few of these persons jealous with some of my sites. :D

Chances are that GG will detect this and will either not count the clicks or will pay just a small amount of the actual price. And if this "irrational" person happens to be an AdSense publisher too, it’s very possible that GG will detect that the clicks are coming from an IP used to manage an AdSense account, and will probably flag this account too.

Anyway... there have been numerous cases when a publisher gets banned for some suspicious account activity, but in most of the cases they get their account reactivated after contacting and clearing the situation with GG.

Tapanti, Dec 31, 2004 IP
  11. SENewbie

SENewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    In my case they pay very little if anything at all for days when CTR is abnormally high. This doesn't happen very often but it does every once in a while and it looks like they have methods for handling this situation.

SENewbie, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  12. searchWIZ

searchWIZ Peon

Best Answers:
    well if you click on your own ads well then you will be paid for click on them but if your get caught doing it then you will have your adsense account baned but dont worry if you do click on a ad

searchWIZ, Jan 2, 2005 IP