1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A marketing myth

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Wordsmith, Mar 27, 2006.

Writing Articles for SEO? - Do it properly!

The search engines are getting very smart these days. With the surge of free article sites that are appearing all over the net, they are paying more and more attention to the content of your articles. A free article could possibly turn up on thousands of sites so how on earth can the search engine index your free article and not the others. Ok, back links are great but I want to be seen on Google's pages.

Ok let’s get down to writing our article. Think about your site content. Basically I use a rule of thumb, I exclude all the major search terms for the content of my site. No point in competing with literally millions of others. There are many programs that allow you to collect the search words for your subject. Ok this is where I start doing things a little different..

Try not thinking search word and start thinking search phrase. It absolutely amazing how many search phrases are used when using the search engines. Forget words like 'television' and start thinking in terms of '32 inch flat screen TV'. Forget 'free music' and think in terms of 'free music to download now'. Visitors will use the most obscure terms. Try to use the search box the way you would speak. Think of the age group that you are attracting and if it's teenagers for instance, you need to tone down the etiquette as the youth speak their own language! Mis-spelt words are also good, words such as 'z' 's' as in teens or teenz.

Ok we now have a set of search phrases so how do we use them? There is a specific way which will give you an advantage. Remember the search engines don't always index you whole article. They tend to make a decision based on the first few words that make sense. It's no use saturating your article with keywords. Far better to be sparing and sensible.

1. Make sure that your main search phrase is inserted within the first sentence making sure that this sentence make sense.

2. Insert the same key-phrase once more in the first paragraph.

3. Include the same key-phrase in the rest of article. A 3% density is just about right, that is 3 keywords or key-phrases to every 100 words.

If you initiate the basics correctly you will enhance your chances of recognition. Don't be fooled into thinking that the engines need to see lot's of keywords. Be subtle, be clever and you will get your rewards. It also is worth considering hiring professional writers to author your articles and of course I am going to plug my own company!

Hope this helps

John Thompson

www.articlesandcontent.com

Wordsmith, Mar 27, 2006 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  2. ozami

ozami Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice John :)

ozami, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  3. nicknick

nicknick Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

Could you please send me some information regarding your pricing?

Thank you.

nicknick, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    PM sent nick

JohnT

Wordsmith, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  5. ferpol72

ferpol72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

Thanks for your article. It is a great micro-guide on SEO.

I have recently received a message from Mr. Andrew Hansen.

One of the links offered inside his message was this blog post
    I am pasting down these lines.

I would love to hear your thoughts about his opinion and mostly
    about his claim on Duplicate Content being nothing but a myth
    to some extent.

Thanks in advance for your opinion and for those willing to share
    their two cents here.

ferpol72, May 1, 2009 IP
  6. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    This is very most informative post which every newwbie should read. If you want to make your blog and website you must think outside of the box like what you have mentioned about keyword phase's. Just picture yourself as a salesmen in I will use your phase. People are not going to ask you have a 32 inch T V or are they going to say do you have a 32 inch flat T V or a 32 inch led t V. picture yourself as a saleman when doing a site I have been told this straight from the beggining to think outside the box.

jkadin, May 1, 2009 IP
  7. Hoops4me

Hoops4me Peon

Best Answers:
    Several keys jump out at me about your nice article. It is a nice article form for all of us to emulate when writing out own articles. Nice use of bullet points! I also like the keyword density point of 3%. Sometimes I find myself trying to make a point about certain keyword and overuse it. Finally, emphasis on keyword phrases and not individual keyword is a must. Ranking for a term like basketball would be a steep, steep climb.

Hoops4me, May 1, 2009 IP
  8. jasonxav

jasonxav Peon

Best Answers:
    Very informative post. This article is helpful especially for those who don't have the slightest idea on how place keywords / key phrases in their articles. I have seen articles loaded with keywords and it was such a turn off. I didn't read the rest of the articles because I'll be reading the same set of words over and over.

jasonxav, May 1, 2009 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a very informative post, because it highlights perfectly how little the average Joe understands about search engines. It's all explained here duplicate content penalty but in summary, yes, the more 'authoritative' version of a dupe will rank for it. BUT (and it's an ENORMOUS but), if you make a unique version of that very same article, you can rank for stuff thats in YOUR unique version, which is the whole point.

So if you make your articles unique before you submit them, they'll all rank highly for variations of searches. And that's how you dominate the first page of google.

Saying 'duplicate content penalty is bs' is in fact wrong, because while it's not a penalty as such, it DEFINITELY affects how your stuff ranks. You don't agree, go copy a story from Yahoo and try to get it to rank higher than yahoo for ANY keyword combo in the article. Good farkin luck. Then make it unique and do it again. You'll soon get the idea.

contentboss, May 2, 2009 IP