1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WTS: PR3 Premium Wordpress Store - Good Revenue

Discussion in 'Sites' started by WPSorted, Apr 9, 2008.

Domain: WPSorted.com

Description: This is a Premium Wordpress store that I have developed from scratch as a place to sell my various Wordpress themes. The site opened late october with revenue being earnt almost instantaneously.

It is currently using a freely available theme (not one of mine) as a temporary theme whilst I developed my all-new theme, which I never had time to finish, which brings me on to the reason of sale.

Reason for Selling: I know this site has the earnings potential of a mini-goldmine, earning hundreds of $$$ per month was easy as I was developing unique Wordpress themes at an affordable price.

What followed during the end of March put an end to the time I was able to give it during the latter part of 2007 and early 2008, hence the release slowed down so my traffic and earnings slowed down also, perfectly in trend.

Much bigger, more profitable projects away from Wordpress Theme Releases now take up my time, but any Wordpress developer capable of releasing decent themes can easily make over $1,000 per month with VERY LITTLE ADVERTISING required, providing you release say 2-3 themes per month.

Revenue: The site has earnt me not far off $1700, plus about $180 worth of direct sales via email (no screenshots available) before I began using PayLoadz as my file distributor, as shown in this screenshot. (SCREENSHOT)

Adsense is sometimes used within demonstration sites of my releases but currently isn't being used on the actual wpsorted.com mainsite. In total it's earned just over $21 (oct 07 - apr 08) for having very little adverts.

I currently use SPOTTT and ProjectWonderful to monetize the site which were both planned to be dropped for the new design as they earnt cents at most, adsense would be a MUCH better option for the sidebars.

Traffic: The site has turned over a decent amount of traffic considering I did VERY little in way of advertising, can generate over 17,000 pageviews from almost 2,500 unique visitors per month. I've submitted the odd template release on some small Wordpress Theme directories, but that's about it, nothing major - I once spent about $7 on adwords which brought in a grand total of about 31 visitors or something within the space of 9 hours, something I wasn't willing to continue for obvious reasons.

The service at Entrecard.com generates quite a bit of traffic if you spend the time dropping your cards on a daily basis, which I now dont.
    (SCREENSHOT 2007) (SCREENSHOT 2008)

Referrers: As you can see, the majority of my traffic came from search engines as we are reasonably ranked for very competitive keywords.

Countries of Origin: As you can see from the screenshot, the vast majority of traffic is from the US.

Ranking: PR3 - I dont know much about PR except PR3 is halfway to greatness? All the valid checker things were down at the time of writing but Im sure you can find this out yourselves.

In Alexa its currently ranking around the 180k mark, peaking at 113k if I remember correctly.

It has a few PR backlinks, 6 from the official Wordpress forums amongst some other sites.

The Deal - Important: This sale is for 100% rights to all Wordpress themes contained on wpsorted.com. They are all my own creations and are quite unique, admittidly some earlier releases aren't upto the same grade as more recent releases, but all are priced accordingly using a "series" structure, some free templates are also available from the site which were used to entice my early traffic.

You will also be the sole owner of the "Wordpress Sorted" website and domain name (Registered with NAMECHEAP, Free push, expires October 2008), I will have no further connection with the site after the sale.

I grant you the right to claim ALL previous releases under the WPSorted brand as your own work if you wish to do so for professional/business reasons. You may also edit all previous releases to suit accordingly, they are yours to do whatever you wish to do with them (note the actual value of each template on the website).

There is a subdomain which contains an installation of Wordpress per theme which show customers any release running live before deciding to purchase.

There are a further 14 un-finished themes that are between 15% - 80% complete included on the demoserver - these are also yours.

There is another Wordpress installation that is used as a "news/blog" companion to the main releases site. They are both intertwined with each other (menus and rss imports) for integration between the two, visit the site to see.

Due to the complexities of moving such a large website, I DO NOT offer an installation or moving service.

Upon purchase, you will recieve complete unrestricted access to the sites admin areas, FTP and cPanel areas too. I host the site myself and will allow upto 6 months free unmetered bandwidth hosting to give you time to move the site to your own server.

I can provide permanent hosting for you via my company website (InType Media) if this is more convenient for you.

I use PayLoadz.com to deliver the templates automatically after someone makes a purchase directly form the wpsorted.com website, it is YOUR responsibility to arrange similar as your automated file delivery service.

I reserve the right to end/cancel/postpone this auction at any time by posting within this thread.

I have no intention of sending out multiple PM's to people, please use this thread for any further information that I may have left out, I will try to be fast with my return posts.

Bidding: Starting bid of $500 increments of no less than $50 please :)

Payment via PayPal only.

No BIN at the moment ... tempt me :D

WPSorted, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nobody interested in this money-making website?

PR3 and 150k Alexa .... Looking to drop this from my portfolio...

WPSorted, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  3. noobpreneur

noobpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Hi,

Great site and theme. I'm into design, but WP template is a new thing for me. Are you using any theme creator software to aid you designing WP templates, or are you simply using the regulars - adobe photoshop, dreamweaver, and the likes?

Anyhow, I'll start the bid - $500 is on the table :)

Cheers!

noobpreneur, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  4. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Noob for your bid and interest.

All themes are original and handmade by my fair hands, nothing special is used, in fact my preferred weapon of development is good old Notepad :)

The theme on WPSorted at the moment was a temporary solution until I finished the new design, which can be found within the 14 or so un-finished themes.

After being asked via PM, I'll set the BIN at a comfortable $2,000 which I think is a fair price considering what can be earnt from this site with a little loving and tender care.

HIGHEST BID: Noobpreneur $500

5. Doomm

Doomm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $550 here:) btw - great themes, buddy!

Doomm, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  6. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks Doomm ...

HIGHEST BID: Doomm $550

7. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    I'll bid again - $600 :)

noobpreneur, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  8. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cheers Noob ... Still a little way to go before I can consider it's sale.

HIGHEST BID: Noobpreneur $600

WPSorted, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  9. dwbens

dwbens Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll bid $650

dwbens, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  10. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks dwbens ... we have a new bidder!

HIGHEST BID: DWBENS $650

WPSorted, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  11. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    I'll bid again - $700

noobpreneur, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  12. dwbens

dwbens Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll bid $750

dwbens, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  13. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks guys for the strong interest ...

Will be completing this sale by no later than May 5th, payment expected within 24 hours or it goes to the next highest bidder.

Am going to place a reserve of $1,000 with a reduced BIN of $1,500.

Highest bidder over $1,000 by 5th May get's the site and all of it's content/themes/demo/developments and full rights to the WPSorted "brandname" to do with as they please.

HIGHEST BIDDER: DWBENS $750

WPSorted, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  14. Alasdair

Alasdair Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Alright ;)

Are you still selling templates or even promoting the site, WPSorted?

Alasdair, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  15. macone

macone Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, you say there are 14 unfinished themes, how many 'free' templates are listed and how many have a price tag ?
    tks

macone, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  16. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ALASDAIR: Yeah ive sold about 4 over the past 2 weeks and Im not promoting the site in any way. Quite a few blogs and directories link to WPSorted which helps bring in traffic.

@MACONE:Theres 20 available on the site, 3 i think are freebies.

Yes there are 14 un-finished themes included ... ranging from 15% - 85% complete.

WPSorted, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  17. sita

sita Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    any chance for ESCROW?

sita, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  18. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Was looking for paypal transaction, what are your concerns sita?

WPSorted, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  19. WPSorted

WPSorted Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Quick update: made over $90 in previous 6 days (including a couple of dollars in adsense).

Not promoting the site in any way and no new releases have been added either.

Only just discovered one of my themes was voted in the top 10 of best Premium Themes of 2007 (VISIT HERE sixth one down)

Evidence of sales since 22nd April (SCREENSHOT)

REDUCED BIN: $1300
    ENDS: May 5th

WPSorted, Apr 28, 2008 IP
  20. noobpreneur

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Hi WPSorted,

To get things rollin', I'll bid again - $800 :)

Anyway, will you help the winning bidder in getting into the business itself - Qs and As on the ins and outs of selling WP themes online?

noobpreneur, Apr 29, 2008 IP