1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shall i pay this guy or not? If yes, then how much?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by mohdsoft, Mar 25, 2006.

Hi guys,

I established a website about a week ago. I found someone to write articles for me. I am not sure if his style or even his english is good enough. So i thought i might ask here if people can help me to decide whether to let him write and pay him or not.

Here is the first article he wrote:
    http://www.gammalaptops.com/content/view/48/7/
    The article is about 380 words.

Please give me your feedback after reading the article. Is it worth paying for? If yes, then how much? if no, why?

Thanks in advance.

mohdsoft, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  2. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of gramatical errors. The articles sounds a bit amateurish.

guru-seo, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  3. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Weel its upto you,
    Firstly because you selected him to write the article.
    If you are happy with the article, let him write more because experiance will help him gain knowledge.
    He may be writing better articles,after some experiance.
    I Can't say how much you can pay, but think twice before cancelling his payment.
    Good Luck

amitpatel_3001, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  4. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I'd say pay him, but don't order anymore. It's not a bad idea to ask for a sample article before ordering from someone new. There are many good article writers on this forum.

Roman, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  5. superclick

superclick Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends how much he charge for article . If you hired somebody with low price than you can not expect to much. In that case I think you have to pay for what he did to you and if you are not satisfied just find somebody else. If you think that he charges much more than his article is worth than try to talk to him to lower the price and pay him or remove that article from your site.
    That's what I think about that.

superclick, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  6. chinaman

chinaman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you agreed on a price and didn't ask him for some samples it would make sense to pay him.

First ask him to rewrite the article though so you may get some better quality.

chinaman, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  7. mohdsoft

mohdsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the reply.
    This article was a sample. I will ask him to rewrite the article again and will see.
    If the article was written in a better way, how much do you think it will worth?

mohdsoft, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  8. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    if the article is just a sample, i think you have the right of not paying or selecting him if the quality is not as agreed.

however, if you're supposed to pay him, do what's right and pay him... just don't order anymore from him... :D

daboss, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  9. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    If you take a few minutes to rewrite his work, you may have something useable, but as it is, it is hard to read, and completely unacceptable. I would pay him for the article already written, but do not place orders for more.

Caydel, Mar 25, 2006 IP
  10. mohdsoft

mohdsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Caydel for rewriting the article. I will be using it but not before i hear from others here regarding the orginal article.

mohdsoft, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  11. people76

people76 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think that you should pay him if he has something interesting to say and can communicate. I belive blogging is the matter of comunications between people.

Correct language is important, however there are many bloggers from world, who native language is not english (like me :))

If your writer can provide you excellent content, in the sense of idea, then you need to take care if he is able to be understood, but he does not have to be Shakespeare. I experienced sensible and intersting content can bring a lot of traffic, even if is ugly english.

I would focuse on how intersting ideas can he provides to you, then on his language. Of course, language need to be "acceptable" as well.

people76, Mar 27, 2006 IP
  12. mohdsoft

mohdsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point people76. Thanks

mohdsoft, Mar 27, 2006 IP