1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SE's dropped thousands of pages on my PunBB Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Briank, Mar 26, 2006.

Alrighty, I haven't had a problem with punBB in awhile, but just recently, pretty much every search engine dropped numerious amounts of my pages in their index, not just one.

I have two domains, running on two different IP's, so I can rule out that just one got blacklisted for whatever reasons, and I still can't put my finger on why this happened, it's indexing the regular pages, just not the thousands and thousands of pages on my forum boards (which are both running punBB)

site:www.cobaltandcalcium.com. Results 1 - 10 of about 274 from www.cobaltandcalcium.com for . (0.14 seconds)
    Total number of topics: 14,899

site:www.fleethefactory.com. Results 1 - 10 of about 59 from www.fleethefactory.com for . (0.48 seconds)
    Total number of topics: 1466

I have no idea why this happened, I used to have thousands of pages indexed, and now it's at 274? Any ideas? I don't know if it is the forum software, and that I should switch or what, but my friend also runs a punbb forum, and his pages are indexing fine..

Thanks~

Briank, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  2. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't think its because of punBB. I know many admins of different software types, including Big-Board admins, with the same problem. The cause? Big Daddy.

gprime, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  3. Briank

Briank Peon

Best Answers:
    anything i can do? :eek:

Briank, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  4. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a google problem and it's all over the web. GOOGLE and SEO SUCKS!

RectangleMan, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  5. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's not much you can do and also not much sense in worrying about it...what happens happens, all we can do is make the best of it :)

GTAce, Mar 26, 2006 IP
  6. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    Cry yourself to sleep.:p

gprime, Mar 29, 2006 IP