1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ouch, SE traffic hit - what's with that?!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by markowe, Apr 22, 2008.

This kind of thread probably gets started up three times a day, but when it happens to you...!

So I have an established domain (over a year old), with eBay niche listings on, been getting dozens of search visits for months, all nicely targetted, and suddenly it just dries up. Like, not a single product-related search for several days. What's with that!? What are your experiences with this?

Of course, I want someone to tell me "It's just a random fluctuation, it'll bounce back"! But of course, if anyone got their domain permanently Google-slapped, I'd like to know how you managed that, too, so I can remedy it!

markowe, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  2. baygrafix

baygrafix Active Member

Best Answers:
    A large portion of my sites have been hit like that Mark. Not really sure whats going on, but the G forums are all talking about it.
    I's happened to me before, but with just one site at a time. When that happened I just kept going....working on the site and it eventually did bounce back.
    But this time-not sure what to do but hang on...:)
    Good Luck to you

baygrafix, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  3. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    mark, a site it's like an offline business, you need to continue to tweak it every single day, and specially, you need to build backlinks every single week (at least). Did you do that?

jonixkonios, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  4. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good question! Could always do more! I wonder if this is some global Google thing though, by the sounds of it.

markowe, Apr 22, 2008 IP