1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can anyone help me with an issue on photoshop cs2?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by andyrulz14, Apr 19, 2008.

i have always wondered how to make my graphic designs glossy like some people do.
    i am new to all this but want to learn fast. all help and tips would be appreciated.

andyrulz14, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  2. john247

john247 Peon

Best Answers:
    the easiest way is to use styles

create you design then click on a nice shiney style. You can play around with the colours/blend etc to get it just how you want it.

You can also use filters

Alternatively you can add reflections, highlights and shading on the layer above and then use different blends/transparencies

Take a look at some of these all created with photoshop;

http://www.freegraphicscentre.com/Illustrations_g49-metallic_ring_p1475.html

http://www.freegraphicscentre.com/Illustrations_g49-silver_design_elements_p1548.html

http://www.freegraphicscentre.com/Backgrounds_g32-background_p6002.html

There are also lots of PS tutorials around - do a search for photoshop tutorials and most good sites will have a relevant tutorial

john247, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  3. tonyc

tonyc Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest using this technique moderately and in very rare occasions. You could combine it with a reflection if there is a text layer on top of your shiny ... stuff

tonyc, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  4. davedave

davedave Guest

Best Answers:
    www. pixel2life .com is a good place to start. search the tutorials there im sure you will find what your looking for

davedave, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  5. !ada

!ada Peon

Best Answers:
    Tutorial about Glossy Photo Effect:
    photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/photo-manipulation/glossy-photos.html

!ada, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  6. myolay21

myolay21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the Tutorials link .. I'm also new in photoshop :D

myolay21, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  7. Xquisite

Xquisite Peon

Best Answers:
    Use layers of light, object, and shadow. Everything else just kinda starts from there. You can doodle your objects and based on the light/shadow rules, you can make the object 3D looking with glassy effect. Like everyone said, putting shadow gives you that slick look. I'd put a shadow about 25% opacity underneath the object by flipping the copy of the object and deleting the bottom part. Good luck!!!

Xquisite, Apr 22, 2008 IP