1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bush, Iraq, and my sarcasm cost me a friend today!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by tarponkeith, Apr 21, 2008.

It wasn't a good friend. Actually, wasn't really of a friend at all, just a person I know...

I never knew they were such a staunch supporter of the war, but here's a generalization of the conversation today:

* Note: this is probably boring to everyone except me...

tarponkeith, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  2. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You lost an acquaintance.

Usually my sarcasm turns acquaintances into enemies.
    So you got lucky.

lightless, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  3. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, I've had that happen too...

And I'd like to revise it... It's not so much of a "sarcastic comment", but more of a "snide" remark...

4. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    No matter what their position is on the war, it's pretty clear this person is not very intelligent if they have such a strong opinion on a topic but are unwilling to even make an attempt to rationalize it. Saying the war is a good thing and that people who want to pull out are wimps shows without presenting any argument to support it tells me that this person is probably the one who is brainwashed.

davewashere, Apr 21, 2008 IP
    tarponkeith likes this.
  5. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I do say if you lost a "friend" its probably cause you pushed it. I'm not saying I agree with the guy but I can see why he would not want to continue the conversation. If you notice conservatives are generally more soft spoken than their liberal democrats. They dont like to get into debates over things very easily and I respect them for it.

worldman, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? I know a lot of 'so called' conservatives who are nothing more than blow hards who know nothing. They exist on both sides.

GRIM, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @TK, I kiss off people like this all of the time. I don't need dumb friends and I certainly won't be friends with someone who endorses killing, most of all killing that is NOT self defense.

The neoconservatives you are talking about, don't speak up, because they have been exposed as liars and failures.

I'm betting you met some of those blowhards at DP P&R! ;) :D

guerilla, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  8. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you equate death of our soldiers with the success / failure of Iraq? Would you support the war if only 2000 troops died in 4 years, 1000, 100, 0?

Did you know that 6000 US soldiers died on D-Day alone, not 4 years of war but in one day.

If you gauge success or failure by the number of deaths then, why aren't you crying about the 50,000 people who are killed in Automobile accidents every year, I don't hear you saying that we should pullout all the cars from the United States.

17,000 people were murdered in the United States, I don't hear you saying that the United States should pull out of the United States. 17,000 people is 4 plus Iraq wars

soniqhost.com, Apr 21, 2008 IP
    SFOD_D223 likes this.
  9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent logic. It's thinking like this that makes you a giant on this forum. :p :rolleyes:

guerilla, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  10. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually his posts always makes me laugh so he's a kick ass poster imho! :D

iggysick, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  11. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another example: How about the 17000+ murders committed in the USA alone last year. Shall we suggest that everyone leave the USA for let's say..some place where the criminals are allowed to have guns and the death penalty isn't enforced?

SFOD_D223, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  12. iggysick

iggysick Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup, there's 100s of countries were criminals are allowed to have guns. If I were you I would stay away from those countries fo sho! :eek:

iggysick, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Comparing domestic murders to troop deaths from a war based on lies, wow great debate going on!

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  14. tarponkeith

tarponkeith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's quite a weird comparison...

1) Our soldiers are sent (without option) to go fight in Iraq, whereas people have the option (knowing the hazards) to drive

2) It's not the fact 4,000 US troops have died, it's that they've died with no clear goal and mission... Where's the WMD? Do people honestly believe you can calm a region of the world that's been fighting for over 1,300 years?

3) And as far as being upset at people dying in car accidents, believe me, it upsets me more than you know...

buffalo likes this.
  15. killafawk

killafawk Active Member

Best Answers:
    honestly you sound like a dick in that conversation. I'm guessing you're the kind of guy who likes to pressure their views on everyone? Like..

You : "What!? you don't like chris rock!?!"

Friend : "Nah, Man I don't wanna talk about it..."

You : "why..."

Friend : "I dunno man I don't wanna talk abou..."

You : "TELL ME WHY... IS IT BECAUSE HES BLACK? YOU HAVE TO TELL ME SO I CAN INTERRUPT YOU CALL YOU GAY OR A LOSER FOR NOT AGREEING WITH ME, AFTER ALL I'M A PROFESSIONAL SMART ASS".

sorry i got out of control. If thats how you act in real life... I'm surprised he didn't punch you... I would....

:)

killafawk, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  16. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :D :D

AGS, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  17. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the thread should be renamed "Talking like an a-hole to someone I don't know and ignoring visual and non-verbal clues that indicated my victim was turned off to my politics made one more person think I'm an incessant blowhard."

Lexiseek, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ahh yeah because those who jump up and down supporting the war at every corner should be allowed a pass by simply saying 'i have no reason to support it, but you're wrong'

You have no clue on the history of the person at hand, he could be one constantly ripping apart those so called 'wimps' but have no clue of the entire war, nor had he served, but yep he should get a pass and someone should not call him on it.

GRIM, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  19. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    He was "jumping up and down" supporting the war "at every corner"? Where did you read that? You have no clue, apparently, either.

Lexiseek, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you even bother reading?

I said he 'could be' you do not know the history, yet you make judgement calls, I myself am not making one as I do not know the history of this situation above a few one liners that it 'went something like'

---
    the top statement does not say he did either, the point which you obviously missed was we do not know the history, but yet you chose to make a call.......

GRIM, Apr 22, 2008 IP