1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory on a forums site.. think it would hurt?

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by dakar, Dec 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've recently added a directory to my forum site, and trying to keep all submissions 'related' to the forums main focus, namely aquarium type content.

Is there any reason to believe this could have a negative impact on site ranking? I'm curious to see how G actually views the pages as I don't want it to look like a link farm or anything, still needs the cosmetics on the front end but it is working. The only thing that has be concerned is I've seen the spiders crawling all through it for weeks now, yet none of it is showing up in any of the SE's even when keying on specific text strings unique to the pages.

If you have a site fitting the focus feel free to submit it.

Captive Reefing Aquaria Directory

Dave

dakar, Dec 31, 2004 IP
    infonote likes this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That directory look fairly new... when did you begin it?

I can't see it having a negative impact on SE ranking... it's in keeping with the theme of the site and basically serves as a reference for the topic.

minstrel, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  3. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just got it working right a couple of weeks ago, found a few problems with the scripting, and of course a minor battle getting the ad network working right. Evidently the spiders are doing their job (and returning almost daily) and it's been indexed enough to where specific keyword searches will bring it up, by doing manual searches it looks like it gave me an additional couple hundred pages. The API is still WAY behind in returning these results.

dakar, Jan 2, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.