1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help with PHP error.

Discussion in 'PHP' started by downloadthenet, Apr 19, 2008.

I know nothing about PHP and I don't know if anyone here can help, but I thought it was worth a try since I think this error is preventing the search bots from accessing my forum. This is a mod to phpbb3.

I get this error whenever I login and only when I log in:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 269: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_Iconic_Green_overall_header.html.php:3)
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_seo.php on line 270: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /cache/tpl_Iconic_Green_overall_header.html.php:3)

Is there any information like the source code I can post here to help?

downloadthenet, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  2. nation-x

nation-x Peon

Best Answers:
    the script is not properly buffering the html or header output.

nation-x, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  3. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This error is caused quite often by html in the script before the session start() tag which must come before any html.

It is just a matter of tracking down the offending script and moving the tag to the top of the page.

I doubt it is affesting SE.

Colbyt, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  4. downloadthenet

downloadthenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, I finally found it after 3 days. It was a tag in the wrong place.

Google says it cannot access my home page for unknown reasons and they have not successfully accessed my home page since the 13th. I did fix this problem and an xml parsing error showing through w3c validator.

I sure hope one or both of things was causing the problem with google bot, because I have no idea what else it could be. I need to get indexed.

Anyway, thanks for your advice.

downloadthenet, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  5. phpl33t

phpl33t Banned

Best Answers:
    put ob_start(); at the begining of the script and ob_end_flush(); at the end.

phpl33t, Apr 19, 2008 IP