1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More tableless layout help required

Discussion in 'CSS' started by danzor, Mar 23, 2006.

http://www.mardy-bum.com/notables.php

So.. recently i've been trying to create a tableless layout. it's going somewhat well, just encountering some problems along the way.
    first of all, in ie the center box doesn't display properly, its like something is stretching the div horizontally, but there's nothing.
    this is what it looks like:

[​IMG]

Also, the thing with the dates and the links to comments etc doesn't display correctly in ie either.
    I created two divs as I required the date to be alighned to the left and the links to comments etc to be aligned to the left. If you can think of a better way to do this it would be appreciated. Anyway, the divs are on two lines, as opposed to one which is what I would require.

the css file is here

danzor, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  2. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Riboflavin, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  3. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you set all the margins and paddings to 0 initially?
    Try adding this in the beginning of your style sheet
    * {padding:0; margin:0;}
    I think this may help. I se that you added it for HTML and BODy but try it with all. then you may have to add some more styling.

frankly I think the site looks pretty good as is. If its really driving you up the wall I think it would be ok to put live as is and work on it a little later when maybe you can find some answers.

jrd1mra, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  4. danzor

danzor Peon

Best Answers:
    corrected? there's no point me setting a css style up specifically for an embedded swf file, as we post numerous ones on the site and obviously i don't want them all to be the same height and width.
    'fixing' that isn't my highest priority seeing as it isn't mucking up the layout.

danzor, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  5. jrd1mra

jrd1mra Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. I dont think putting the heights and widths is a priority. Did you get any kind of solution yet?

jrd1mra, Mar 23, 2006 IP
  6. danzor

danzor Peon

Best Answers:
    no, not really. it still isn't working as required in ie.

danzor, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  7. draculus

draculus Peon

Best Answers:
    In the newsinfo-date and newsinfo-right classes reduce the width percentage. I set them to 25% and the items lined up on the same line.

draculus, Mar 24, 2006 IP