1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for a php code encryptor

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Jean-Luc, Mar 22, 2006.

Hi,

I am looking for a PHP code encryptor. Maybe I should speak about an "obfuscator", rather than an "encryptor".

I would prefer a solution that keeps a perfect portability of the encrypted code (any platform, no special requirements regarding the system configuration).

SourceCop looked nice and not expensive but the email addresses and the contact form in the web site don't work.:confused:

What do you recommend ?

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    mcfox, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  3. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    The only ones that really cannot be decrypted easily is ioncube and zend encoder.
    Both of these require special installation, and can be a pain to get working.

Since the php server must decode the php, it is not really possible to have a secure system that dont require special installation.

Dejavu, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  4. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answers.

I am aware that my requirement of portability means that the encryption/obfuscation will not resist against aggressive decryption efforts, but I hope it would eliminate 95% of the potential illegal copies. For the remaining 5%, I will hire a lawyer if necessary.

On the other hand, I see it as a major problem to be dependant on a supplier like Zend or Ion Cube (or any other) each time we want to support a new release of an operating system. I would very much prefer to be able to say: "If your system runs PHP, then it is sure that our application will run on it".

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc, Mar 22, 2006 IP
  5. amanoffewwords

amanoffewwords Peon

Best Answers:
    amanoffewwords, Mar 24, 2006 IP
    Jean-Luc likes this.
  6. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. In fact, I discovered it yesterday and tested it this morning. It seems to be what I was looking for.

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc, Mar 24, 2006 IP