1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I can't understand!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Sam 735, Apr 17, 2008.

Guys, hi! What does it mean - to submit my site to different directories and what is it for???Thanx...:)

Sam 735, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    Man you have 400+ posts and you haven't learned what does it mean by 'submit site to different directories' ?

Ok, Link Building 101

I am not going to post link directory list here but you need to start submitting your site to link directories. Why? So you can get link backs which will indeed help you with the SERP.

Now what is surprising is you have links in your sig - that is a link back to your site. Now there are zillions of directories out there where you can submit your site links.

Hope the 101 helped. Goodluck....

Bombaywala, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  3. Paul Teitelman

Paul Teitelman Peon

Best Answers:
    Another factor that matters in link building is the PR of the sites you link with. If your linking with low authority (has a low Page Rank) sites that are not relevant to your niche then Google basically discredits those links. Google looks favorably on links that are both RELEVANT, and from a HIGH AUTHORITY site.

In terms of directory submissions, this means that if you submit to directories with a low PR (or are completely irrelevant to your subject matter) your site will not benefit NEARLY AS MUCH if you submit to a HIGH RANKING DIRECTORY.

As far as I know, the highest ranking directory is D-moz, hope it helps...

Paul Teitelman, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  4. falguni1

falguni1 Peon

Best Answers:
    you get backlinks which help the site to get high pagerank in google.

falguni1, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  5. killer2021

killer2021 Peon

Best Answers:
    backlinks........

killer2021, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  6. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me spin this a different way...

If you are sending in free submissions to high PR directories, chances are there are thousands that did before you. The wait to be reviewed could be measured in months.

High PR directories also tend to have a lot of listings. Free submissions normally are on very deep pages and their chances of being indexed are dramatically reduced.

High ranking directories usually have high listings standards for free submissions. After waiting months for a free review, there's nothing like getting declined.

I do agree that listing at high ranking directories is a good thing. To do it right, spend a few bucks for an express/featured review.

Too many people are chasing these high PR directories and expect to get listed and see results with free submissions. Seriously, I went down that road a long time ago myself. What I found is that using free submissions to submit to high ranking directories provided no measurable benefits.

Think about it. Submitting to newer free directories has many benefits:

1. Minimal review time wait
    2. Higher review approval rate
    3. Less listings so your listing will be on page 1 or 2 of your chosen category
    4. Quick indexing of your links by the SE's
    5. No wait for results - in one week your rankings will improve
    6. Getting in for free before the directory goes paid

I run a submission service for mostly offline clients. I get them great results by submitting to low PR and newer free directories. The directory list is in my signature, and its main focus is listing new directories. Try the list. I assure you that your results will be much better then submitting to a high PR list.

snowbird, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  7. Sam 735

Sam 735 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx guys...It's interesting to read...

Sam 735, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  8. profithost

profithost Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is for backlinks ;)

profithost, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  9. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    You should submit your site to different directories to improve your online presence and to improve your overall backlinks.

backlinks = higher serp

kingofsanda, Apr 18, 2008 IP