1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What does it take?? Can a Dmoz Pro crytique my site possibly??

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seo5000, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I run a clean site at www.devhunters.com and I have submitted to Dmoz twice in the last twelve months. Once every 6 months and the site is 12 months old. We try our hardest to keep quality content in, and Spam Out! ;

Do I need to add anything, omit anything.....???

Help! :confused:

seo5000, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  2. crowbar

crowbar Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you imagine editors crytiqueing several hundred thousand sites and giving advice? :)

This is one of the very rare instances that I even bothered to look at a site from this or any other forum, mainly because I don't edit in that area of the Directory, so there's no conflict of interest, and I was curious.

I'm personally very impressed with it, it does look very clean, and I think that color scheme has a calming effect. At least, that's the feeling I got there. My first impression was one of honesty, control, and objectivity. I wish you the best with it.

As far as getting listed, I don't see any problem with the site, it's just a matter of when an editor will get to it, or have an interest in editing in that part of the Directory.

Many people get the wrong impression that there's something wrong with a site and that's why it hasn't been listed yet. The truth is much simpler, there are too many site suggestions being submitted and not enough editors to review them all. Continue being patient. :)

crowbar, Apr 17, 2008 IP
    seo5000 likes this.
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Qryztufre, Apr 17, 2008 IP
    seo5000 likes this.
  4. seo5000

seo5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate both posts!! I appreciate both the compliments and the review tip!

Greens will be added to both of you for your help! Thanks!

seo5000, Apr 17, 2008 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  5. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure that I agree with you there , when I last visited that site there were a number of disgruntled former editors and one current editor who sort of knew what he was talking about.

The difficulty is that when Christopher you drop a link in a post like that you make people wonder if you really mean it or its just part of your links for sale business. Seeing that there are not really a hell a lot of editors caring about anything there I guess its the small change talking.

nebuchadrezzar, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You don't go there much do you? The only real animosity to anyone is people like you against those that actually care to help.

Edit: It's funny that it's the ex-editors that are trying to be helpful. Says a lot about who is wanted within the ODP and who they are wanting to keep out. Doesn't it?

At least I, unlike the ODP, am open about selling links.

Kind of makes one wonder if ANY editors care doesn't it? Honestly, if DMOZ would actually be friendly to those that try to add to it, there may be less and less "disgruntled" any one. As it stands, the better majority of editors are careless of any concerns outside of the ODP itself and their own listed sites.

So yes, try to turn it back to me rather then where the real problems are... the ODP.

And it's good to see that you actually were helpful in this thread, just like so many other threads... all you can do is try to make things personal to make anyone but DMOZ look bad. Sadly, I pointed to that site to offer assistance, which is something more then most editors do.

So way to go on being friendly and helpful.

Qryztufre, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  7. seo5000

seo5000 Peon

Best Answers:
    All very valuable info you folks are talking about!

I appreciate it!

seo5000, Apr 17, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.