1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vista Haters Unite!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by EHubert, Apr 15, 2008.

1. DirectPP08

DirectPP08 Peon

Best Answers:
    there will be people who absolutely need to use windows programs and are afraid its not compatible on linux, any windows program you have is runable on linux, including games. The community has advanced far enough already to emulate windows activity and run windows programs in the natural linux environment(This has been around for a LONG time now hehe)... just thought I should throw that in there.

Flame me if you want for this post, just tryin to help people out, if anyone decides they want to give it a try, I will gladly help you choose the right distro for you and help you install it, just PM me.

DirectPP08, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  2. EHubert

EHubert Peon

Best Answers:
    Part of the message I'm trying to get across, Thanks!

EHubert, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  3. DirectPP08

DirectPP08 Peon

Best Answers:
    hehe sry if i missed that part :)

edit: as said in 1 of the previous posts, no drivers required, linux is programmed with all the drivers you need inside already and actively retrieves them for you :)

4. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    Um what are these "restarts" you speak of. Since i run on linux i'd be very interested in this. :p hehe

007c, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  5. chris_b0ss

chris_b0ss Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't understand why ppl thinks vista is not good without using it..i used it for long time and i was pleased of it..not as pleased as of xp ..but it's good..xp is more compatible with applications and stuff ..and this is the reason i am using xp now..

chris_b0ss, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  6. Afazelpoor

Afazelpoor Guest

Best Answers:
    Next time you open the seal read it, the EULA tells it like it is, you are not the owner of the software, they can and will do what ever they want, as a user you are limited to how long you can use it.

Afazelpoor, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  7. DirectPP08

DirectPP08 Peon

Best Answers:
    i used vista, all versions too :) very unstable.

8. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    I wont explains since I think you are using sarcasm :p

Does anyone else find it funny that this happens every time a new version of windows comes out? Next time around it will be no one wants to change from Vista.

ServerUnion, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  9. TheMadScribe

TheMadScribe Peon

Best Answers:
    I was told that I had to buy a new copy of Vista when I had to change my motherboard. Apparently, Vista thought that it was pirated and was so adamant about it that I eventually did buy a new copy of XP for my computer and a pirate hat for my now useless Vista.

I am glad that so many of you have such a nice relationship with Vista. Pity you all seem to have to turn off some of the functionality to make it work properly. I guess that is all part of the Vista charm. After all, who needs to use everything they pay for? Some of that higher-end stuff is just for show, anyway. Right? And as long as the innumerable security pop-ups don't bother you all--after all, that is Vista's way of letting you know that you have a vote in what happens to your computer--I guess you must be very happy.

Of course, the article was about being forced into a change that no one (with the exception of a few other well-trained and obedient Microsofties) wants or trusts by a monopolistic corporation that is too big to care about its customers. I notice that no one has seriously examined that!

TheMadScribe, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  10. TheMadScribe

TheMadScribe Peon

Best Answers:
    Here, here!

TheMadScribe, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  11. pioneer1

pioneer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post, I prefer XP over Vista

pioneer1, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  12. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer older systems allowing you full control over your system and settings such as WIN98SE, the drawback is limitations due to their aged architecture, not suitable with actual computer standards at all after the large amount of memory, resources and disk space which is managed ten years later.

Trusted Writer, Apr 16, 2008 IP
  13. professionalseo

professionalseo Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it's ok. i dont take your comments as adversarial. I am way to busy to get into flame wars on message boards. Talk about pointless. Although to your 2 points. First of all- microsoft is not the only game in town so my trans-am analogy is correct. If you dont like Vista switch.

Secondly, I dont really see you point out any solutions, just bitching about how vista sucks. That was really the whole point of my post was that it was pointless because you are complaining about vista but not offering any real solutions.

Again, dont get me wrong. It does suck they force it down peoples throats (even though I like it) and it is bloatware no doubt but life moves on so either switch or offer tips to tweak it. To illustrate how even though I understand your feeling on the matter I chose to be a little more constructive I started a thread sometime ago for Vista Tips and several people have added to it so maybe you will find some solutions in there to improve it more to your liking. Regards-

professionalseo, Apr 17, 2008 IP
    EHubert likes this.
  14. EHubert

EHubert Peon

Best Answers:
    Just bitching about it? UUhhh... Linux... anybody?

"It does suck they force it down peoples throats (even though I like it) and it is bloatware no doubt..." your words, not mine.

Again, why just sit there and take it? I know a mass migration to Linux is doubtful but, with time and the rapid advancement in the general understanding of OS's, we can free ourselves of the dependence on "SPwhatever", or the good nature of people like yourself who spend their time and effort improving a product they ultimately have no control over.(Bill will let you work for free just like me. If you feel your altruistic effort to improve Vista isn't enough to sate your need to help the world, PM me and I'll have you submit to a few thousand free directories for me) sorry...that might of been a little rough

On a personal level, I appreciate the debate. I see where you're coming from. You're offering a viable solution to a very real problem.

“There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?” RFK

If you're ever in Chicago, Pm me. I'd much prefer to do this in person, over a beer, than a message board.

Much respect, mad props, and all that.(being from Pilsen, I can not only say that, but own it as well):cool:

EHubert, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  15. josh2xx

josh2xx Member

Best Answers:
    Theyre gona have to pry XP out of my cold dead hands.

josh2xx, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  16. Yankee85

Yankee85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Vista haters, scatter! :D

Yankee85, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  17. gotwork

gotwork Peon

Best Answers:
    great post. i saw someone say why keep buying vista. what else is there if you don't get a mac?

gotwork, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  18. TextAdMarket

TextAdMarket Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly wanted vista to work. I bought a brand new shiny copy the week it came out, but it doesn't like something in my computer. And I've got a really nice computer, too. Now I have a $300 coaster. At least until I build a new computer in a few years.

TextAdMarket, Apr 30, 2008 IP